Help Please 1989 Seadoo SP Vibration

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tatersav1

I just bought a 1989 Seadoo SP. I rebuilt the carb and fixed some issues with the fuel pump. I adjusted the oil injection per the manual. I know nothing about jet skis but I have worked on 2 and 4 strokes for many years. The jet ski cranks and runs fine. Here is the problem: the idle was way too high. While lowering the idle the water pump started to vibrate. It only vibrates at low rpm. I have not put the ski in the water yet. I was told by the guy that I bought it from that this was normal. He said that most older jet skis vibrate when not in the water. Is this true? Also, how long can I run the motor while hooked to a garden hose? Is it possible that the pump bearings are bad?

Yes, its common to rattle because no load is on the prop when out of the water, or
in the water but at idle. You may have a broken engine mount, that is easy to determine by grabbin the Big pipe and pull side to side. You need to put a couple pumps of grease into the PTO and Drive bearing zecks under the plastic cover behind the engine. It only takes 1-2 minutes on the hose to rinse lake contaminates
or saltwater out. Read your manual on mantaining ski and the similiar posts down at bottom left of thispage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back