Help my sea-doo I'm ready to play!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robynnator72

I have a 2005 Sea-Doo GTI. For the first time since I have had it, it is not working. (But of course...I only have one payment left on it! ;)

ANYHOW:
The sea-doo has sat in the garage all winter, since October. We tried to start it and it wouldn't start. We took the battery to the store and we were told the battery needed a charge, so we got it charged. The next day, we took it out to the lake. We started it up, rode it for about 3-5 minutes and then it idled down and shut off, like it ran out of gas or something. We got the boat to land and tried to jump it but it wouldn't work. So we took the battery back to where we got it charged and they said that the battery didn't hold the charge. So, we charged the battery again, and the sea-doo would not start. It just clicks. We even cleaned out the gas filter, gave it a new battery, new spark plugs and still when we try to turn it on...it just clicks. When we put the key in, it beeps like normal and the gas gage and all that works. But when I try to start it, it just click.

Robynn

Ummmmmm.......

You were already told the battery isn't holding a charge. Buy a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it click when you hook up the battery, or when you push the start button? (jump starting a seadoo can be bad)

If it's clicking when you hit the "Go" button... then I'd say to check over all the cable connections, and verify that you are getting 12v to the starter. If you aren't getting 12v to the starter, you have a bad solenoid or a bad cable. If you are getting 12v at the starter... then your starter has given up.

What is the easiest way to get access to the solenoid/starter? Do I have to remove the bottom section of the sea-doo or can it be accessed from above?

Thank You!

Robynn

the solenoid is in the electrical box.

Neither are especially easy to get to... but it can all be done from the top. (through the seat)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back