Help Me Please! 2001 GTX Di problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dc5boost

I am at my wits end with this 2001 GTX Di.

I bought it 3 weeks ago and it’s been giving me the MAINT light and limp mode from day one.

I purchased a CanDoo Pro and got it a few days ago. Scanned it and it had an active fault TPS sensors.... makes sense. Just to be safe I just finished replacing both with OEM sensors from my local Sea Doo dealers just now.

I reset the TPS, fired it up and.... boom MAINT light is still there! Candoo Pro shows no more active faults and everything looks good. Idle is perfect TPS is responding... do I just need to ride the skii and see if it clears itself?

Sorry forgot to mention the things I’ve replaced:
- rectifier
- plugs
- new battery
- both throttle position sensors
- fresh fuel
- fresh oil
- checked all fuses and voltage everything checks out fine

it Idles fine but when I get on the gas is when it beeps and says MAINT and all codes and service cleared with Candoo Pro.

Help Me!

Have never heard of all service codes being cleared and still maint light.
Maybe test voltage across the battery with it running. Could be a bad rectifier straight out of the box. I have seen this before.

Might also start the ski push and hold the set button to see if it resets itself.
Might try disconnecting the battery and letting the ski set for a couple minutes then reconnecting.

Last edited:
Sorry forgot to mention the things I’ve replaced:
- rectifier
- plugs
- new battery
- both throttle position sensors
- fresh fuel
- fresh oil
- checked all fuses and voltage everything checks out fine

it Idles fine but when I get on the gas is when it beeps and says MAINT and all codes and service cleared with Candoo Pro.

Help Me!

HEY IT WILL HAVE A MAINT LIGHT UNTIL YOU PUT BACK ON THE DIAGNOSTIC CAP YOU HAD TO TAKE OFF TO READ CODES!!!!

Wow didn’t know that. I have left the cap several times and never had this problem.
Will have to remember that.
Why are you yelling?

Took her out last night and still idles fine but when I get on it it’s still beeping MAINT as soon as I hit over 2500 rpm! What else could be causing limp mode!

it wants to go. Maybe fuel pump? Clean injectors? No active faults when I scan it with my CanDoo Pro so frustrating

Attachments

• 6F287A5F-6AC3-4F3B-92A4-99CAECEB961C.jpeg
    6F287A5F-6AC3-4F3B-92A4-99CAECEB961C.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back