Help fuse problem !!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Millermagoo

Hey there new to forum just bought a 800 xp found out the vts didnt work looked into it to find the fuse not in for vts if I have vts motor plugged in without the fuse for it in the relay clicks but right once I put a 7.5 fuse in it automatically pops and sometimes even the 5 amp fuse as well what is the issue new to the sea doo world any helps appreciated

I am no help to you but I will begin troubleshooting my 96 XP. :) The VTS is not working and I don't have a clue about it yet but.... I'm sure we will become intimate soon. :D:D Electrics is the most difficult thing for me as I have issues finding data on how the system works. It would be great to have a pin out diagram with a description of what the wires control. If I had that type of info, I'd be downright dangerous. LOL I will be searching. If I find anything I will post up. What year is your ski ??

SeaDoo VTS Trim Module Test | Trim Diagnostics & Repair

Sea Doo Thru-Hull Type VTS Module Test Procedure

Last edited:
Your vts is shorting out usually from water damage where the boot rots on the rear of your ski. Don’t try to use it. Replace it. You can damage your mpem if you keep putting fuses in it. Replace that boot on top of your jet pump when you replace the vts motor.

Your vts is shorting out usually from water damage where the boot rots on the rear of your ski. Don’t try to use it. Replace it. You can damage your mpem if you keep putting fuses in it. Replace that boot on top of your jet pump when you replace the vts motor.

Thanks ! So if I just leave my vts motor unplugged for the time being it should be fine ??

Yes but check that rear boot. It will let water run in through the vts housing. Just manually set your trim where you want it. I’m pretty sure the motor is the same as a car window motor . Someone please chime in on that if I’m incorrect. It does make a big difference if you have that trim working. That boot is only 10 bucks on eBay

All are correct. Once the VTS starts popping fuses it's toast and needs to be completely replaced. Don't keep trying to get it to work or you will fry the MPEM computer. You can pull the electric motor and turn the shaft to set the trim in the middle then put the motor back in to hold it there but keep all connectors to the box unpluged.

You can get good tested used ones from Westside Powersports.

Thank you everyone appreciate it I have found that a 95 Nissan 250 sx drivers window motor is the same just have to swap the connectors so I read !

It typically is not just the motor just so you don't waste your money. The module is almost always bad too.

Thanks everyone for the help on this ! My whole computer went up in smoke so had to get a new one think I got a lemon

Sorry to hear man. Electrics are sneaky SOBs and I don't like fooling with it but... it is necessary so.... I deal with it. Shortly will be my first try with VTS. I have 3 skis with the system. I have no reason to believe there is anything wrong with any of them other than my.... spidey senses. :) I need a way to do some preliminary testing before connecting the wires. Looks like I will be doing some research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back