Help - Buy the Wake 155 or 215?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaxDude

I put a deposit on a 2013 Wake 155 (for pick up in May). I'm now wondering if I should have purchased the Wake Pro 255. I realize that there are a few differences in some of the features. Looks like the Wake 255 comes with the S3 hull type (not sure of the diff between S3 and LFI)....any comments on that are welcome. Most importantly, however, I'm wondering about the difference in performance. A guy at the dealership said there is no difference between the 155 and 215 "out of the hole" when taking off, but that the top-end speed on the 215 would be higher at about 65 mph vs. 60 mph for the 155.

The price on the Wake Pro 215 is $2,400 more....is it really worth the money if all I'm getting is the S3 hull and higher 5 mph more in top-end speed?

Help!

The $2400 is worth it for the S3 alone. On smooth water the difference isn't so noticeable but in chop the S3 is pretty amazing. Handles better too in my opinion.

I put a deposit on a 2013 Wake 155 (for pick up in May). I'm now wondering if I should have purchased the Wake Pro 255. I realize that there are a few differences in some of the features. Looks like the Wake 255 comes with the S3 hull type (not sure of the diff between S3 and LFI)....any comments on that are welcome. Most importantly, however, I'm wondering about the difference in performance. A guy at the dealership said there is no difference between the 155 and 215 "out of the hole" when taking off, but that the top-end speed on the 215 would be higher at about 65 mph vs. 60 mph for the 155.

The price on the Wake Pro 215 is $2,400 more....is it really worth the money if all I'm getting is the S3 hull and higher 5 mph more in top-end speed?

Help!

i personally think those mph are a little off... i could see the 155 more around 52-55 depending on the weight of the rider and the 215 around 63-66 again depending on condictions and weight of the rider

I also think the MPH numbers are off.

There is a substantial difference out of the hole. I own a RXT-X 255hp super charged and a 155hp ski as well. The difference is UNREAL.

I will NEVER not own a high horse power super charged ski In the future. I love that when I am cruising at 50mph that I still have a third of my throttle left. This means the engine is working easier than models with 155hp. Because at 50mph they are nearly topped out.

There is nothing wrong with the 155 engines. I am just saying the 215 and up engines are UNREAL.

Last edited by a moderator:
in all honesty the 155 will have plenty of power for pulling tubers/skiers/wake boarders. mine topped out at about 55 mph. the supercharger how ever really boosted tho top end speed. but imo is not worth the extra money if all you're going to do with it is tow.

heck aside from the ski pole and tanks, it was just like riding my old 2-stroke 787 gtx, it just had a little more bottom end torque and costed me 7k more...

The wife and I pondered over this a year ago when purchasing the wake. The difference in cost at the time between a 2012 155 and 2011 215 was $700. We decided to go with the 215. I weigh 220 and slalom ski and don't see myself getting any lighter, we just felt for the extra money the power was worth it.

Last year that machine did everything I asked it to do. Very happy with the purchase. I couldn't imagine kicking myself over 700 bucks and not having the power to do what we wanted.

Pulled heavier guys then me out of the water, easy to use and the wife absolutely loves the ski mode for pulling me out of the water.

You'll love this machine definitely worth every penny if you like water sports. If the 2400 isn't a budget killer then you may wanna reconsider.

I have a GTX 155 with the S3 hull. I doubt very much the equivalent Wakepro would go 60 mph. Since these Seadoos have GPS their speed readings are very accurate. You will get to 53-54 mph with the 155. From what I've read you get a 10 mph advantage in the 215. I am thinking of trading my GTX 155 for the Wakepro 215. I have found the S3 hull to be great in the water and very stable. The Wakepro 155 hull is different and will no doubt handle differently. I have never driven the other hull.

We have a GTX 155 (2010) and just purchased a 2013 155 Wake. I have not had a chance to ride it yet as the dealer had to bring in another 2 place trailer for me as they were out. I pick it up June 1st and will be looking to do a comparison ride. From every thing I have done with my 2010 155, I can't see the 2013 having any issues.

The big question, as you mentioned, is that $2,400 for a few more kms is a lot of money. I like speed but can do without the supercharged power in order to have the two machines, but that's just me. :D

The power that I have seen in the 215 models is nice, my friend I ride with has one, but again, for the most part, the type of riding we do, I can stay with him most of the time. Obviously, a flat out race I loose.

We have a GTX 155 (2010) and just purchased a 2013 155 Wake. I have not had a chance to ride it yet as the dealer had to bring in another 2 place trailer for me as they were out. I pick it up June 1st and will be looking to do a comparison ride. From every thing I have done with my 2010 155, I can't see the 2013 having any issues.

The big question, as you mentioned, is that $2,400 for a few more kms is a lot of money. I like speed but can do without the supercharged power in order to have the two machines, but that's just me. :D

The power that I have seen in the 215 models is nice, my friend I ride with has one, but again, for the most part, the type of riding we do, I can stay with him most of the time. Obviously, a flat out race I loose.

Interesting to hear your comparison on the two hulls as I understand the 155 is different and not the S3. Did you keep your GTX 155? I've been toying with the idea of keeping it too. I was just at The Cove in Muskoka and looked at the 215 and I think I'm sold.

I kept the other machine as the wife is TOTALLY into this sport and loves to be in the front seat. I didn't realize the hull was different, not that it would have made a difference, as the Wake was bought specifically due to the colour and size. We wanted two machines that had the red, white and black colours.

Time will tell.....

Regardless, I think you will be happy with the 215. :D

The colour is key. You know, I can't bring myself to by another GTX in the current colour - just can't stand it. I'm thinking of keeping my other machine as well as my kids (young adults) nieces and nephews all use it at the cottage. I assume yours came with that new nylon type seat? I was told it was made that way for durability as the vinyl can be sliced into by wake boards and such.

The one thing I don't like about the Wake is the seat isn't hydraulic as my 2010. Have to be happy as you approach the machine or the speed won't matter!

Didn't know that. So how does it open - lifts off? Mind you closing my hydraulic seat is not easy.

Well, I can't wait to get it out on the water. I looked at the 260 with iS, but it sees like a lot of boat for what I need and I would have to be careful when others used it and program the other key appropriately. I hear good things about the suspension, but I can't see this lasting as I store it for winter, take it out a again, etc. Plus it seems to be the vinyl around the tub would be..."squeaky".

As soon as I pull the trigger I will. Likely this week! I'm thinking of keeping both now that I have thought about it.

I was surprised at the power in the 155. I have not even opened it up yet and it feels amazingly quick. I am happy and I had an FX HO before this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back