HELP 96 gtx dies when i give it gas but only n the water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

j250ayala

It turns on and idles when out of the water i can give it gas but when i put it in the water it works for a second but when i get on it and give it gas it dies i also notice that it has a delay with the throttle response i sqeeze the lever and it slowly revs then it catches up and screams now i have changed my hoses and the filters in the carbs are clean now my question is this a carb issue or is this electrical what could cause my ski to shut off when it has a load

When you did the carb filters did you turn either hi or lo screws? Go to the tech articles for your model - most hi screws are in or 1/4.

Well no but the ski was running fiine and out of nowhere it turned off I haven't looked at the air screw or idle screw I read somwhere that my idle should be above 3000 rpms when out of water mine is idleing around 1500 could this be a problem maybe the air screw is loose and rattled itself out of adjustment I will look at it when I get home this afternoon I will post my findings thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back