Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey again,

So I just got done winterizing my seadoo (first time ever newb here! I followed manual) I always drain my seadoo aand fog after every outting. The seadoo has been sitting in the garage dormant for a month and it was difficult to start. Once I got it started it ran like normal.

Concern
I do have one major concern. The seadoo was a pain to start and after starting and draining any remaining water out of the system I pulled the spark plugs to check them out and to refog the cyclinders. When I took out both spark plugs white smoke was coming out of the cyclinders... I thought this could be due to the engine being warmed up after starting it. I also thought maybe I fogged it too much last time and it was just burning the fogging oil?

Not a concern, that little bit of white smoke is normal, burning stuff off. I'll get it out the exhaust after shutting it off after the first start in a while.

Not a concern, that little bit of white smoke is normal, burning stuff off. I'll get it out the exhaust after shutting it off after the first start in a while.

That makes sense as it had the same smoke coming out of the exhaust when it first fired up! Thanks my friend!

Finally got around to changing the oil filter. It was a pain. I was able to reach down the glove box hole with one arm and reached around the pipe with the other. I pinched the hose on both sides of filter before cutting zip ties and removing. First thing I noticed was that the filters look slightly different. The one I bought was from WSM it fit perfectly so I'm not too worried about it. After installation I decided to bleed the oil pump so I removed the bleeder screw and oil flowed out. I noticed that there didn't seem to be any oil in the filter after bleeding? I also made sure that the arrow on the filter was facing the engine so it looks like this (ENGINE ⬅️ OIL TANK).

Should there be oil in the filter after bleeding?

Finally got around to changing the oil filter. It was a pain. I was able to reach down the glove box hole with one arm and reached around the pipe with the other. I pinched the hose on both sides of filter before cutting zip ties and removing. First thing I noticed was that the filters look slightly different. The one I bought was from WSM it fit perfectly so I'm not too worried about it. After installation I decided to bleed the oil pump so I removed the bleeder screw and oil flowed out. I noticed that there didn't seem to be any oil in the filter after bleeding? I also made sure that the arrow on the filter was facing the engine so it looks like this (ENGINE ⬅️ OIL TANK).

Should there be oil in the filter after bleeding?

If your supply tank has decent level of oil the filter will eventually fill up, sometimes it fills slow at first but it should fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back