Hello from TX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kmack

Hi everyone.
Of course, I'm new to this whole ski world. Had plenty of 2-strokes before, but nothing for the water.

Well, the family and I decided to sell my old race car ('71 Datsun 240Z) and buy some new toys. We bought a '97 GSX and a '93 SPX with a trailer. We think we got a smoking-good deal on them and we're very happy. Original owner had them on the coast down in Galveston, but they are very clean with little corrosion. He maintained them very well.

We've had them out on the lake a couple times and really enjoyed ourselves.

Anyway, just wanted to say HI. I'm reading through all the posts looking for info I can store away for a later date. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0333.jpg
    IMG_0333.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 9
Welcome kmack. Subscribing to threads is a great way to keep tabs on your favorite ones. The will show up on your User Control Panel which you can access by clicking the User CP link at the top of the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay :cheers:

Welcome to the seadoo forum kmack. This is a friendly place with lots of active members eager to help out with any questions you may have.

Karl

Howdy!!

FWIW, we have been going to Medina Lake on the weekends and take the ski's with us. We typically hang out on the north end of the lake near where the river dumps in. It's a nice, somewhat quiet area as compared to down by the dam. We like it.

Welcome!
I'm near downtown Houston so It's either Lake Houston, Lake Conroe, or Clear Lake...

I just came in from the garage from loading the jetski trailer and cooler. We're leaving at 6am and will be taking the ski's to Lake Travis (Austin,TX) for a little Devil's Cove action.:cheers:

Hope you guys have fun this weekend!

TxToby,
Sounds like you'll be having more fun than me this weekend. (But by this time, you've probably already left!)

I'm finishing up the fence work so I can park my trailer along side of the house without having the HOA complain. (It has been in the driveway [w/o ski's] for the last week.) The ski's are on custom stands that I built and are parked in the garage. These little projects are what happens when you buy two ski's on a double trailer that won't fit inside of the garage doors!

Anyway, I'm finishing the fence tonight, have to look at the brakes on a neighbors Tahoe tomorrow, and sometime will take a look at adjusting the RAVES on the '97 and trying to figure out how water is getting inside the hull of the '93.

Hope everyone enjoys the long weekend.

FWIW,
I found the "leak" on the '93. Turned out a small hose had come loose from under the exhaust manifold. So while the ski was running, water would get pumped into the hull! Not a good thing, but definitely easy to fix.

Welcome....

Welcome to the forum Kmack.........there are quite a few Texans here. Ya'll be trying to take over soon.......gotta watch ya'll!.......Especially TxToby...:rofl:

Good thing you found that little water line. That is the water inlet from your water regulator valve to the exhaust system. It's to help quiet the engine noise and increase the performance capability of the engine. It can also cause engine damage if it goes un-noticed for a long period of time, through over heating.

If you have any further problems, please feel free to open a thread in the PWC section. There are many skilled members here when it comes to working on these machines. I'm sure you'll fit right in........:cheers:

Another Texan hehe

Hi guys im also a bit older then most who start on these jetski's hehe...im 48 wife 44 but we still feel and act young. so having fun for us is normal lol. we have been boating fishing and hunting as a team for 28 years now. and she is still a blast to be around.

Bought our seadoo's used 1 had an issue that we knew we had to repair but overall extremly clean ski's got double Trailer 2 seadoos 95 GTX and 97 GTI, 5 life jackets. and tube for behind ski's several ski ropes new in package 2 anchors and many more things . seemed like fair deal for 2500.00 . prob not a steal but seemed like a fair deal. wife said she wanted to try them so off we go ( wife happy all are happy lol )

wife got on it for 1st time ever and had a blast. wanted to go all over the lake lol. 95 runs Great still a few things to get her back to top shape but overall good ski. 97 has MPEM prob and it goes out today to All Things Custom. Gonna overnight it UPS and put return In with it prepaid lol hope to get it back for fathers day ride. But will live if i dont lol. we still got one we can share...anyways Hello from texas and a very informative site here and very friendly People...Staff very helpful...look forward to having fun on these a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back