Hello from Saskatchewan

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

farmcat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hi guys. I am starting a project for the winter! I have purchased a 2004 sea-doo Islandia with a blown engine (240 efi )that was imported from Texas. Let the fun begin! From initial diagnosis it seems like one piston has separated from the rod. Will know more once teardown begins. I like using forums for this type of project as there is a huge knowledge base to draw upon. I will post my first question on the appropriate forum as soon as I figure out which one that is lol.

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with the rebuild, they are a small yacht and hope you guys enjoy it when you finish it up.

I know they're prone to have oil pump drive gear failures. So, look at that. I think there is an updated gear or you can possibly just remove it all together.

Thanks racerxxx! It is going to be a father-son project that will involve more than the engine. The boat has been neglected and the outer surface needs a serious polishing, the seats need to be reupholstered and the bimini cover and the toilet curtain need to be replaced as well. The parts sellers are going to love me lol. I have a well equipped shop and my son is a small engine mechanic so it is not too intimidating. Pulled the engine yesterday and it was a dream to work on. The engine bay is huge. It does not look like it has been run in salt water as there is minimal corrosion anywhere. We have about seven months before the lakes will be ready for us so have lots of time to tinker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back