Hello all! Old Sea-Doo owner, hopefully again soon

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralPatton

Hello all,
My name is Kyle and I've been boating with my parents and grandparents since I was a little kit. I am apart of a Boat Club at Sacanadaga Lake in New York and I am looking into possibly getting a new SeaDoo for myself possibly next Spring/Summer/Fall.

When it started for me was about 11 years ago, I was only 9 years old and my dad bought a 1997 Sea-Doo GTX (Like the one shown)
163.jpg

When I was 10 or whatnot, I got my boating license and you couldn't get me off of it. It was crazy going through about 1 1/2 tanks of gas every time I went to the lake but it definitely was an enjoyable "toy". Well, now 2 summers ago my dad sold it for about $2k and the first time I have been on one since was my uncles ~2000 GTI (Which sucks at taking waves by the way!). Although I kept it under 30 MPH (to save his gas) I had a blast and made me want to scratch the idea of me getting a new Camaro for my next toy, and to possibly get a 2006 SeaDoo RXP. (Like the one shown)
0,0,43,16096,480,360,aafd1e93.jpg

I have begun reading up about the RXP, I cannot get one this year because of the job situation (Thanks Economy) but hoping I can find one next year for around ~$6k with trailer and jumping on it. :) From what I have read, the first thing I would do would be changing out the SC clutch from ceramic to metal (I guess Riva is recommended?) and possibly do some modding to it, but I have a lot of reading left to do I suppose.

I have been drawn to the RXP from watching modded ones on YouTube, and have always been a fan of the XP since 2000.

As I want to get into modding a Seadoo when that time comes, right now my passion and hobby is modding my car (Also seen below with my dads boat). In the beginning, as the picture shows, I did a lot of exterior mods but since then I changed the exterior back to stock and have redone the engine with Intake, Headers, Straight Pipes, Cams, Quad Exhaust Tips, Powdercoated...etc so my passion for machines is definitely there. :hurray:

My current boating resides around cruisers;
My dad has a 2001 Sea Ray Sundancer 240, my uncle has a 2002 EbbTide 2500 and my dads cousin has a 2004 Rinker 270

My Dads:
164.jpg

165.jpg

So anyhow,
it is good to be here and I look forward to becoming apart of the community and learning a lot more about Sea-Doo's.

Regards,
Kyle

:rant:

Great first post Kyle, and welcome to the forum :)

I hope you can find a ski that is a great buy for you. Once that bug bites, it's hard not to jones for the water.

http://www.ebay.com always has ski's for decent prices. Let us know if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back