Have a few questions on GTI 155 Limited

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack07

Just bought 2 2011 GTI 155 limited PWC. Went this last weekend to test out. Everything went great and had a blast. I am not much of a mechanic. I took the seat off and did a look around. I found a hose that to me looks like it comes from the backside of motor and loops around the front back into what I am guessing is a rubber connector from an air box! Sorry I am not good with part names!!! Looking at the 2nd unit I see that at some point a hose bracket has been moved from the front of the motor towards the back which allows the hose to move and looks to have pulled out. I was able to reconnect the hose. Question is (finally) can I get another hose bracket and install that towards the front of the motor. Main question is can I remove 1 bolt that is going into the (head?) or engine with out causing problems? I hope I explained this well enough.

Thanks!

20170530_214804.jpg20170530_215010.jpg20170530_215034.jpg20170530_215311.jpg

2nd and 3rd picture is other SKI. 1st & 4th show how the hose can move and come out of air box connector with the bracket at the back of the motor. This is the bolt I want to take out at the front of motor and put in a hose bracket.
20170530_214637.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was out today and took some pictures of mine. It is also a 2011 GTI LTD 155.
35.jpg

The hose in question is at the top of this photo. It starts at a unit on the back of the engine, fits into two clamps that are attached to the exhaust manifold on the port side of the engine and terminates into a port directly in front of the throttle body. I haven't looked up the parts, but I am guessing this is some kind of emissions thing.

36.jpg

This photo looks straight down on the hose in question. The stern is at the bottom of the pic, the bow at the top, making this the port side. The silver thing is the clamp that the hose sits in.

So I looked up the parts. Start at Seadoowarehouse.com and go to the parts list for the year and model.

The best I can determine, the "unit" that it connects to is part #420856502, Vent Valve. I believe it also contains the TOPS switch. I am sorry, I am not able to tell you the function, but since it is a vent from the engine that is plumbed into the intake system, I am still guessing it is the SeaDoo version of a PCV valve.

Hopefully, someone way more knowledgeable about these engines can tell you more.

Word of advice do not remove any Bolts from the motor that is just a vent line that goes straight into the rubber tube that comes from the air box to the intake it's not a big deal if it comes off just put it back all it's doing is venting crankcase pressure back into the intake so that it does not fill the hall with any type of fumes the top switch is electronic and not part of any venting system

You were given mostly wrong info. The TOPS is not electronic on yours, it's mechanical and that hose it part of the system. The older ones were electronic. It's no problem to remove one of the exhaust manifold bolts to add that bracket. Take the bolt all the way out and add some blue Loctite and reinstall to proper torque.

You were given mostly wrong info. The TOPS is not electronic on yours, it's mechanical and that hose it part of the system. The older ones were electronic. It's no problem to remove one of the exhaust manifold bolts to add that bracket. Take the bolt all the way out and add some blue Loctite and reinstall to proper torque.

Hey, ski-doo. Thanks, that gave me some info also. It makes sense that the TOPS is mechanical, as there are no wires to that unit. Is it part of the Vent Valve or it that just a convenient place to locate it? Does it block off the crankcase in a rollover event? How about that hose? How does it figure into venting or Tip Over?

Thanks for your knowledgeable input on this.

Yes, the TOPS sytem is part of the vent valve which simply closes the passage way during a tip over. The hose is routed to the intake hose which promotes positive crankcase ventilation while it's running just like a car's pcv valve. Very simple system after the redesign.

Yes, the TOPS sytem is part of the vent valve which simply closes the passage way during a tip over. The hose is routed to the intake hose which promotes positive crankcase ventilation while it's running just like a car's pcv valve. Very simple system after the redesign.

Thanks a ton!

It is a neat design. Also explains why it is included in the Vent Valve Assembly in the parts list.

Knowledge on my machine just moved ahead.

Thx again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back