handlebar question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Matty,

Those will be UMI.
There may be another brand too??

PM minnetonka or browse ebay

You dont have too...but it looks a heck of alot better if you do.

UMIs have become hard to come by and have now risen to almost new prices. Even worse...it sounds like UMI may have gone under.

$350 it typically the going rate for a complete setup these days.

You will love a complete UMI setup, and it looks bad...A....

66.jpg

Even worse...it sounds like UMI may have gone under.

I understand. This economy sucks for us machine shop guys. At one time, I could sell a set of custom wheels for $6k. Now, I have a hard time selling my $35 axle covers.

Since I opened my shop, I've changed product focus 3 times to keep my doors open. Right now, I'm make parts for the RC Jet guys. Actually, I've come full circle. I started in my garage making parts for RC, but when I opened my shop... I focused on Chopper parts.

This dealer has taken $3k worth of these little parts over the last month.

http://dreamworksrc.com/catalog/startup-overflow-vent-system-p-2491.html

This is why WestCoast went out of biz. The models kept changing, and other guys were doing it cheaper. It was a HUGE shop (+100,000 Sq/ft building) and one day, I was driving past, and they had a ton of crap outside, and was selling cheap.

You will love a complete UMI setup, and it looks bad...A....

Yep... they look good... but don't ride without the pad. You don't want to mash your face into the metal bars.

FYI... the 50cc mini bike bars are a good fit on our skis. O bet you can get a nice set on eBay for less than $40

Interesting, Any performance benefit of using a UMI system? or is it just for looks?
Thx

It's just for looks, only difference is with an aftermarket throttle you can set it up to use your pointer finger Instead of te thumb. Im going to build my own set up... Not too thrilled in spending a few hundred bucks, hopefully under 80 bucks I'll have a hole set up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back