Gtx with water in gas??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GSP

My doo is stalling on takeoff and I'm wondering if water maybe the culprit. I checked my plugs and found beads of water on them. Would this cause my problem and if so what could I do to fix this? Can I add a can of fuel stabilizer to my tank? Would this help or should I drain my tank?

Does it stall when started dry on the trailer and revved up? I would not think water in gas should wet your plugs that bad, you probably have or are getting water in the engine from elsewhere. Have you rolled it recently or anything?

We also have a boat at a marina, and another guy at marina had a ton of water in his gas tank. (He didnt cover his boat in winter and water leaked in where the tank is filled).

If that is you problem you could just try to suck out the water with a syphon or they make something to suck oil out of boats too, that might work. Its almost like a long turkey baster. Water sinks to the bottom and the gas will float on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back