GTX ECU Problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

azestrada

Hi, I have a problem with a GTX Ltd 2006, cylinder #1 is not working, I check with BUDS the spark coil, injector and they are working fine, I check the compression and is fine too, if I start the engine for a few seconds and turn it off and check the spark it is completely dry, so I check intake valve and those are opening fine. I am thinking that the problem is the ECU, I have a GTX Wake 2006 can I use the ECU of the wake to test the GTX Ltd?

Thanks

How can I save all data of the wake to recall the ECU with the data of the LTD and before the test take everything back to the normally?

What model WAKE do you have? In 2006, they made a 155 and a 215hp version. If you have the 215 model, full lake testing will be no problem.

If you have the 155, you can use the wake ECU to test but as mentioned above it is for a 155 motor and your gtx is 215hp so it won't run properly but it will run okay just for testing purposes. Camshafts are different for the power curves on the different motors but should tell you that your 215 ECU is not working properly.

However, it is not a simple plug and play for either version. You will need to marry the Wake ECU to the gauge in the GTX. You will need BUDS or CanDoo to do this. It will not start, although it will crank over, until you marry these together. Then when your done testing, you will have to marry the Wake ECU back to the Wake.

All data will be saved on each ECU so you don't need to worry about that.

These MPEMs are still fragile and finicky. I had my boat on a battery charger, and went to start it while it was still charging. That friedn part of the mpem. The #2 cylinder stopped firing the plug. I swapped coils and wasn't that, or the wiring. The ECU was cooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back