Gtx 951 stumbling

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2000 GTX 951. I'm having issues when accelerating or turning hard and the rpms drop its hesitates. It's around 5500 rpm this happens. Compression is good. Plugs are new, carbs are cleaned, new spin on filter and pop off pressure is good. At this point I dont know what else to do or to check. Anyone have any ideas?

Sorry it does have all new fuel lines. I can cruise at 5500 rpm all day long just fine as well. It's when I'm going slower and give it full throttle it cuts out around that rpm range.

Sorry it does have all new fuel lines. I can cruise at 5500 rpm all day long just fine as well. It's when I'm going slower and give it full throttle it cuts out around that rpm range.
Did you adjust your carburetor to specs? Did you rebuild with a genuine mikuni kit? What's your pop off at?

The Highs were at 1/4 of a turn. I turned to to 0 today but cant water test right now. Also here is a picture of my raves they felt smooth but look pretty bad. And sorry I dont know what the pop off is the mechanic set it when he rebuilt the carbs.

Attachments

• 20180716_092139.jpg
    20180716_092139.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 20180716_100827.jpg
    20180716_100827.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 20180716_092121.jpg
    20180716_092121.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 15
Yes, the accelerator pump actuates about 1/3 or slightly less, of throttle travel. The initial shot of fuel is quickly consumed thus only serves the purpose of enrichment during transition off idle to part throttle, to compensate for normal timing lag of fuel flow.

Some ski carbs are rich enough they don't really need an accelerator pump but all later (EPA lean?) carbs use them and IMO, a good feature.

My 2001 Xp almost wouldn't go from a stop and would fall on it's face when going and giving it gas when the accelerator pump was plugged.

So accelerator pump is working, raves are clean, carbs rebuilt, new plugs, 1/4 inch off spark plug wires, new fuel lines, new fuel filter, still bogging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back