GTR215 Dock bumpers?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

quinnow1

I searched the forum but maybe I was looking in the wrong area...anyways it seems that looking around on Google, Ebay, etc I can not find a clear dead give-away product that is a sure thing for keeping my ski's from getting dinged up at the dock. Seems like the spark has a great product by sea-doo that snaps right on but I was told this same product will not work on the GTR. What do you guys use that is easy to store in the front compartment and that will also give the hull great protection from dock dings and what-not?

Stock dumpers on my RXT work very well. You do have to tie up the front and rear tight against the dock though.

The rubber one installed by the factory that goes around the whole hull.

....rub rail

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?54307-Docking-Bumpers&highlight=fenders+bumpers

Every situation and dock is different.

Personally...so as not to allow the ski to go under the dock...I'll tie off on the leeward side of the dock with a single line attached to the front. That'll allow the ski to drift harmlessly away from everything that could hurt it. If that isn't possible think about what affects the movement of the ski...ie wave action...wind....wake from traffic...ect...and what the corresponding movement will have the ski coming into contact with. Don't forget to inspect the edges of docks and floaters...you're gonna want to be looking for nails that've come loose from boards and are sticking out past the bump rails....if there are any bumpers/pads/folded fire hose...ect.

I haven't found any "bumpers"(that attach to the side of a pwc) that I'd trust after the first contact....with anything.

Aside...if you don't have the room to allow your ski to drift on a single line away from the dock...tie off fore and aft to the leeward or down wind....down wave side....when ever possible. This one small thing will help you keep the dings(to your hull) to a minimum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back