Gtr won’t start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
the dealer said the ski starts and runs and that I could replace the supercharger and ride the ski. Is there an way to see if metal actually got into the engine?

Did the stealership pull the supercharger‍♂️
Ask them what has failed on the supercharger?
I rebuilt my customers which had minor casing rub
The gear side bearing failed and I believe those parts came out when I removed supercharger shaft

The engine and supercharger need to be inspected for damage before you invest $ into just replacing the supercharger. Just because the engine runs doesn’t mean there’s isn’t damage. You need more information from your dealer on what they have and have not inspected.

Here’s an update, sea doo asked my dealer to ask for a “good will” request, and so far they will cover the supercharger, now we need to convince them to with diagnose the engine or replace it. Wish me luck. At least they don’t seem to be fighting me

Update
Sea doo gave the dealer authorisation to pull the engine to see damage, he says it looks like they’re going to cover the work but that he can’t get to it until spring because he works on ski doo all winter. I’m fine with waiting but need confirmation that sea doo if fully covering it. Looks good, don’t see them authorising pulling the engine if they weren’t going to fix it.

Hopefully you will end up with a new supercharger and engine on BRP and the dealer. Just curious did you buy the ski new and from the dealer that is working on your ski?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back