GTR 215 Exhaust Temp Sensor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rufev

My sensor failed by the plastic components separating from the brass fitting and just rattling loose in the bottom of the hull. This failure caused fault code P2080. I kept trying to find the sensor and searching online for its location. Once I found the wire and traced it to 1/2 of the sensor I realized I was just looking for a fitting, location was obvious. Bought the new one. Took longer to find the wrench than to install it. Now the frustration. Code could not be cleared so had to Limp mode 45 minutes to boat launch and trailer to dealer for them to reset code. Posting this here so if someone else comes along like me they can learn from my experience.

We have the same issue but different code on my Bombardier. Looked up code. It runs fine. Just faulty sensor is beeping. Have not located sensor yet. Any suggestions?

I could not find mine at first since it had fallen apart. On the GTR I have...The exhaust on the port side of engine goes in to the waterbox (large aluminum can) at that same end of the waterbox there is an outlet pipe with a hose that goes to the other side of the engine compartment. Sensor is on that pipe, down underneath where it was best to use a mirror to find it, Once I replaced the sensor you could see it sticking out with the wire attached. That was my problem in that it had come apart so all that was left on the waterbox was a small brass fitting. I kept looking for a sensor with a wire attached. I hated that after replacement I still had to drag it to dealer for them to reset code. Would only run at basically idle (limp home mode) until code reset.

Thanks guys for responding so quickly with advice. It's really doing better this season. I might need to take it apart later and blow it out but so far so good. :)

This season the ski ran fine and the noise stopped. But we had an issue with the reverse switch not working until you turned power off. And restarted. And also it took on water inside the ski. Had to drain out. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back