Gti bog at low speed, high speed runs perfect

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I have a 96 gti. I rebuilt the carbs and found that it starts right up, but hesitates to take off. Its like it is not getting gas and sputters and moves along at a crawl. Once it gets up on plane it rips and runs perfect. Once off plane it does it again. I have it on premix as I broke the oiler barb off and it was not replaceable. Im running 32 ounces of oil to 10 gallons of gas. Any ideas? Im thinking the low speed jet needs to be turned out more?

I have a 96 gti. I rebuilt the carbs and found that it starts right up, but hesitates to take off. Its like it is not getting gas and sputters and moves along at a crawl. Once it gets up on plane it rips and runs perfect. Once off plane it does it again. I have it on premix as I broke the oiler barb off and it was not replaceable. Im running 32 ounces of oil to 10 gallons of gas. Any ideas? Im thinking the low speed jet needs to be turned out more?
You probably read this somewhere already but did you use OEM mikuni parts on the rebuild of the carbs? Check my thread I had a very similar issue...

There is a youtube video that show's you how to adjust both of them, it also shows symptoms if they are not adjusted right, Id look at that and see if you can adjust it some to fix the issue,.

Do not mess with the HS and LS screws to fix an issue. With a stock engine these will run perfectly with the stock settings assuming you aren't at high altitude.

It sounds like your pilot circuit is not clean. That is the 3 small holes that I show blowing carb cleaner through in the Carb Rebuild Thread Sticky.

Do not mess with the HS and LS screws to fix an issue. With a stock engine these will run perfectly with the stock settings assuming you aren't at high altitude.

It sounds like your pilot circuit is not clean. That is the 3 small holes that I show blowing carb cleaner through in the Carb Rebuild Thread Sticky.
Got it. My engine is stock so I will pull the carbs, reset the low speed to factory and clean the pilot circuit again.

Back