GTI Boarding Ladder

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mork

I recently purchased a Aqua Performance boarding ladder for my 2009 GTI/130. It comes with mounting screws that screw into the hull but I would rather use stainless nuts and bolts. Any opinions on this? Just figured the bolts would be stronger. How about sealing the screw or bolt holes? Is there a silicone type sealant required?

Thanks

Jim

I would use stainless for sure and I would go with through hull nuts and bolts, (washers and lock nuts would be my preference). assuming you can reach to the inside.
Further,,, I would put marine grade plywood on the inside so that when someone is using the ladder it is pulling on the ENTIRE distance between the nuts/bolts, not just where it is bolted through the hull.
Yes, use some sort of sealant as it will help keep it secure and water proof.

I added an Aqua Performance boarding step to my 96 GTI, using the hardware that came with the step, been using it all summer, no problems, no leaks. I have used the step a lot, and I do leave the ski in the water for about 2 weeks at a time.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back