GTI-130- Does my jet pump need rebuild?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wildfire0405

Hey guys! I took my 2008 Seadoo GTI 130 in for a carbon ring replacement because it was taking on water. I just got a text saying it needs the wear ring and pump rebuilt with the attached picture. Total cost $1600. Was only supposed to be $290 as I provided the carbon ring. What should I do?? That’s a crazy lot to fix it.. does the wear ring look shot or are they trying to take advantage of me? Thanks for any and all advice!!

Attachments

• C17AB1D0-3593-49FE-9064-9344A682BE28.png
    C17AB1D0-3593-49FE-9064-9344A682BE28.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 41
Wear ring looks beat to me. Also noticed some small chips in prop - are they replacing that or going to salvage it? It does seem high but not sure what else they are doing.

Wear ring looks beat to me. Also noticed some small chips in prop - are they replacing that or going to salvage it? It does seem high but not sure what else they are doing.
“Rebuild the jet pump with OEM bearings and seals, replacing the seal sleeve and wear ring, installing your parts ( carbon ring) and doing a service (oil and filter).” No mention of the prop being replaced though. It seemed like aside from the leak from carbon ring it was running good

Wouldn’t
Thanks. I’m thinking about just getting the bearing done and worrying about the wear ring when I have the time/ extra cash for it
Could I just replace the entire jet pump myself pretty easily and cheaper. Avoid the press, and knock it all out at once?

The jet pump will cavitate if you don’t do the wear ring. It’s cheap and easy to replace with the jet pump out. Harbor freight bench press is $85.00. The impeller from the picture looks reusable. Aftermarket jet pump is $450 and you still have to take the old one out and put the new one in. OEM jet pump rebuild kit is cheap. Bearing and seals. Not usual to replace pump housing unless it’s broken. The dealer will not drop the price significantly if you don’t do the wear ring. If the video is overwhelming and something you would not feel comfortable doing bite the bullet and go with the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back