GS exhaust

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbyg5502

Ive had a 98 GS with the 720 engine since its birth. I love the ski and would not part with it until its time. My question is can I take off the waterbox without doing any damage to the motor? Ive taken it off once and put it back on and i didnt see or feel any problems with it, but im surprized i didnt get a noise complaint on me. I love loud toys, like my harley with staright pipes, lol. Also, I saw a Factory pipe set up for the 720 but would there be enough room to fit it on there in the compartment?
Thanx,
Bobby

Bobby, welcome to the seadoo forum. I would check with the manufacturer about the fit in your doo before you purchase it. Most companies make the after market equipment to fit specific models. I would check with them first before you purchase it. The purpose of the water box is to keep the noise down. You might not get complaints but it makes it look bad for a noisy seadoo on the water because the noise travels further and louder on the water than the road like you Harley. If you have some one else ride it and listen from shore you see what I mean. It might seem cool but it gets annoying having to listen to it for any length of time. It would be kinda like riding your Harley up and down your driveway 30 or 40 times...it's only cool the first couple times...I'm not sure where Goose Creek is but it could get a ticket for loud noise too.

Goose Creek!....

Wow, what a small world. Goose Creek....I went to Goose Creek High School back in the 70's. I went to Howe Hall middle too........man, the world just seems like a tiny place.
About your exhaust system. The water tuned exhaust pipe serves a couple functions. Like Karl says, it tones down the noise of the exhaust but it's also used to warm up the water before it goes into your block. This in turn helps fuel consumption. A cold engine uses more fuel than a warmer one. Like Karl, I'd check on the aftermarket manifold. There was someone else in the forum a month or two ago who had an aftermarket exhaust. She seemed to have a lot of problems with the water lines........
Good luck, let us know how it goes.........Oh, BTW Karl, Goose Creek is in South Carolina, just north of Charleston. Great waterways and lakes to ski on. I learned to ski on Lake Moultrie (I think that's how you spell it). Great state!.......

Thanks for the location lesson Louis, and the extra information about the tech end of the water box and the water temp to the block. Bottom line is it is for noise reduction...your neighbors will love you for a quiet machine!...or They won't be upset about the irritating racket from the water.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back