Greetings and Salutations.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusthawk

I just finalized purchase for a 1989 or 90 Seadoo SP. This poor Doo has been poorly cared for but is in relatively great condition considering. My biggest worry is finding the airbox and filter that mounts to the Carb plate which is still mounted. The fuel pump and filter have been bypassed for some reason so I need to delve in deeper to find out why. The Seat is trashed by I know a great upholsterer. Everything else mechanically looks to be in great shape, no corrosion and no holes. All the stickers and Graphics on the outer hull are gone or faded out.

I have been a mechanic for almost 30 years now and working on watercraft of all types in a favorite hobby. I am a member of the Coast Guard Auxiliary, and look forward to making this Doo a small Facility to assist in patrols in the Sacramento Delta around Antioch. I live in Bethel Island, right next to the levee. 5 minutes and I can be out on the water, any day of the year.

I have been accused of being too analytical, I suppose I am, but I like it, :rofl:

I grew up in Michigan right on Lake Michigan, near the Indiana border. I spent many days sitting on the beach and in the water, always a fan of swinning and diving. Boating came into my life early and has been an avid pastime ever since. Now that I live in the Bay Area in California, I can play as much as I can find time for, lol.

I look forward to getting the Doo on the Water.

Welcome to the forum, pull up a chair and stick around for a while as there is always something interesting going on here. We could definitely use another person with your knowledge around here. You can never have too much help!

Analytical?....

Hmmmmm, analytical?........I wonder, who accuses you of this? Is it your wife? Only God knows how often I've heard that accusation, mostly from my wife. And like you, I like it! I was a steam propulsion engineer in the U.S. Navy for 9 years and mechanics has been my way of life for 40 years. In the beginning, I took stuff apart to see how it worked. Never really got it put back together or if I did, it never worked again.
I still run boilers, build and fly R/C airplanes, repair all types of engines (from cars to lawnmowers) and jump waves with my Challenger in Mobile Bay or the Gulf of Mexico.
Welcome to the forum. Your amongst friends here. Pull up a chair with a glass of sweet tea and sit awhile. Just keep your eye open for DAWG, he don't drink sweet tea but I'm sure he'll offer you a beer or twelve! :cheers:

:rofl::rofl:

Don't have a wife yet, but maybe someday? I'm 37 so it better be soon, lol.

As far as wrenching, my first job was in 1977, My Grandma's car wouldn't start one morning. We jumped it from our chevelle and found the generator light on. I told my Gramms it needed an alternator. She looked at me funny and said how do you know that? I told her I had been reading grampa's old Mitchells manuals. She said okay, can I fix it? I said sure, just call Mr Turley for the part. She said okay, do it. I got under the hood, removed the old alternator, wrapped it in an old shop towel and my Mom took it to Mr. Turley for the new one. Mom got back, I put in the new alternator, took the battery off the charger, put it in, and away she went. Gramms got back and handed me a $20 bill, WOOHOO!!!!! By the way, I was 7 at the time, lolol.

I was always handy as could be, I disassembled almost every thing in the house, but had no problem putting them back together before Mom got home, lol. My Mom flipped out on me one day when she got home early and caught me in the Garage with the vaccuum, lol. Needless to say, after I put it back together, I was grounded for a week.

I am also in the middle of rebuilding my Honda Chopper. Gotta have both land and sea fun, you know. The Doo is gonna be an easy fix up so I should be on the water within a few weeks. That is if I can find what I need on Ebay soon enough:rofl:

Also, as you can tell, I have a tendency to ramble on and post everywhere I think I might have something to contribute. If I get on anyones nerves, just tell me to shut the heck up, lolol.

Welcome

Hi Dusthawk and welcome to the forum,
Truth be known I am also very analytical. I have developed over the years a three part analytical process for repairing ski's and boats and it always works.
Step one: I analyse the beer.
Step two: I analyse and repair the ski.
Step three: I re-analyse the beer
I repeat step one as many times as necessary in order to complete step two.

DAWG

Welcome to the seadoo forum Dusthawk. This place is very addicting, as the more you post the more you are here... isn't that a funny thing? I think most of the active members share the same type of back ground and also enjoy water sports. So this common interest bring the best out of all of us. Most all members here are very eager to throw in their 2 cents and sometimes they want change back..lol Seriously, this is a very friendly place with a great mix of people from all over the world.

Karl

If this forum is anything like my motorcycle forums, this will indeed be a great place to hang out. I have met quite a few more people through the bike forums than I would have if I were not a member. I doubt I will have a chance to meet any of the members here unless there are some in the Bay Area of California, Sacramento Delta region. But hey, you never know.

Jpx...

Well, your in luck. You may very well meet one of our members. I know one of our Moderators, JPX, lives in California. So, you might hook up with him and do a little wave jumpin!.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back