Greasing the bearings on a trailer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattcharmello

I have a zieman trailer with bearing buddies. I havent greased them since i got the trailer 2 months ago. Can i just use any type of grease on my bearing buddies or do i have to use a specific grease for my bearing buddies?

I have a zieman trailer with bearing buddies. I havent greased them since i got the trailer 2 months ago. Can i just use any type of grease on my bearing buddies or do i have to use a specific grease for my bearing buddies?

marine grease. never good to use "grease" and "bearing buddies" in the same sentence :lol:

how much marine grease should i put on the bearings? how do i know when to stop putting grease in the bearings?

HOW BEARING BUDDY® WORKS

The axle hub is filled with grease until the grease forces the Bearing Buddy® piston outward about 1/8 inch. Because the piston is spring loaded, the piston exerts a slight (3 psi) pressure against the grease, which maintains a slight pressure between the inside of the hub and the outside environment. When the hub is submerged, water cannot enter the hub because of this pressure.

An automatic pressure relief feature prevents over-filling and over pressurization. Without this feature, the inner seal will be damaged. Grease can be added to the hub through an easily accessible grease fitting located in the center of the piston. Lubricant level (and pressure) can be checked quickly by pressing on the edge of the moveable piston.

If you can rock or move the piston, the hub is properly filled. Bearing Buddy® will last the life of your trailer. The outer barrel is made of steel and is triple chrome plated. Internal Bearing Buddy® parts are made of stainless steel. Bearing Buddy® is also available with a stainless steel barrel for maximum corrosion protection.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
7. How do I check the grease level in the hub? Grease can be added to the hub through an easily accessible grease fitting located in the center of the Bearing Buddy® piston. Lubricant level can be checked by pressing on the edge of the piston. If you can rock or move the piston, the hub is properly filled. If the piston won't rock or move, add grease until piston moves outward about 1/8 inch. When adding grease, always use a hand grease gun. An automatic grease gun will destroy the hub's inner seal.

8. What type of lubricant should I use? Fill the hubs completely with a high quality, multipurpose No. 2 grade lubricant (e.g., the type used for automotive suspensions). Don't use heavy, fibrous greases; don't mix grease types.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back