General Seadoo Boat - more weight, how does it effect engine life and cavitation

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

r3cc0s

Kinda a dumb questions... I read that a well maintained Rotax 2 stroke, whether be a 587 - 951 can last a good number of hours... 200+ some up to 400

How/what do hours mean though... So on a seadoo boat there is materially more weight than a seadoo (obviously) and when burdened with passangers you are putting through much more throttle.

I can see how on say a 97 GTX using the venerable 717 motor you can get 300+ hours riding, but could that same single on a Boat last anywhere near as long pushing 3-4x the weight?

The use of a Seadoo is quite different than the boat as you're not blipping/brapping the throttle in the same way

Also this is one thing I noticed... my boat does not Cavitate with 2-3 passangers (under 500lbs of people)... but if I load up another person, I have to be gentle with the throttle and can't just go WOT from stop. Is this normal because of the weight and the size of pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back