Gelcoat or fiberglass repair?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the Spectrum color from iboats, it matched the white perfectly, I see that it is on sale. I paid like $35. You need to work really fast so I dont recommend mixing the entire container. Once you sand and buff, you can't tell. I realized there is a technique to it and I got better at it with each scratch. Also, keep it really we when you sand, I burned mine in a few spots and had to do it over.

Thanks gtoimpulse. I will give the Marine Tex Epoxy a try since I had already purchased it. I will let you know how it turns out.

I've already ordered a SeaDoo boat white and boat black directly from Gelcote in Canada for the boat, but now I'm thinking I'll need more black to do a jetski hull before sale, and possibly more white for a few chips on the hull bottom on the boat and perhaps all the carpet snap holes. Gelcote was expensive - like twice the price as Spectrum - and slow to ship. Considering it's not on the visible exterior, I'd like to save a little on a re-order.

There are four whites on the iboats SeaDoo gelcoat pages for just the model year covered. A 1995-2008 Superwhite, a 2005 white, a 2007 white and the 2005-2013 White RSM. I'll exlcude the specific 2005 & 2007. There's also a black and black RSM.

It appears RSM is a manufacturer? Anyone know the differences?

The "boat white" from Gelcote doesn't match. Very grey.

Sent from my subconscious mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back