Full Bore Online Review.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jokool

I sent Dan at Full Bore my GTI LE RFI engine for a complete rebuild on December 6, 2014. I also paid him $1,200 on the same day. He gave me an estimated completion date of mid February 2015. In March I emailed him to ask what the new completion date was. He responded with mid to late March. April came with no engine and I sent him another email with the same request. May 8, 2015 was the answer. And finally this June with no engine in my hands I sent him another email requesting the completion date again. Now June was also the drop dead date for PayPal. They give you 6 months to file a disput. And because I have been out the $1,200 along with my engine I filed a disput. This is the only way to recover your money if things go badly. My intent was to get the disput on file and to work things out with Dan. Well Dan got all pissy and rather than acting like a mature and respected business owner. He responded with an email that he was boxing up my engine and sending it back uncompleted. Which he did. I waited 6 months for him to honor our contract and complete the engine. That should be more than enough time to complete it. Now I have to start all over again with another shop and be put on there waiting list of 4-6 weeks. Kiss this summer of jet sking good bye. THANKS DAN. My kids really appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That just sucks! I hate reading reviews like this, but that is what a forum is for. I hope you get your engine done in time to at least so some riding! Good luck with the next builder. Post a follow up when you get'er done and who you used if you would like to share...

Sorry to hear about that. I sent Dan my engine in December 2013, got it back in March, which was within the promised time frame. So far I've been really happy with the engine. But if I were in your shoes I'd of course be super pissed. That's inexcusable on the part of full bore. Unfortunately you hear bad things about all the engine rebuilders, and there isn't one I know of with a squeaky clean record. At least with sbt you know you will have an engine in your hands quick. At this point that's what you should do, in my opinion. With sbt you will have an engine within a few days.

Sorry to hear about your trouble with Fullbore. I had a really good experience with my GTX DI ski. I've had it for 3 seasons now and it is running great.
I guess every business doesn't get it right all the time. Hopefully you can get your ski going soon.
Have you tried any other engine builders yet? I've had experience with Fullbore, SES, and SBT and all three delivered as promised. Hopefully I am not the exception. Good luck.

I am surprised that AdamA96XP hasn't chimed yet to start a Fullbore bashing.

Wow that SUCKS. I usually go to SES, since they are in PA and have done fine by me, but if you need an engine NOW, SBT does swaps and you can be back on the water within a week or so.

I wonder just how many engines Full Bore will lose because of this.
You did nothing wrong, clearly they screwed you over.

Why would I bash fullbore? I've heard nothing but great reviews. A little confused here

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

The only issue I've witnessed is with SES and his ridiculous time frames and stories. His work is usually top notch but every summer there are several horror story threads. I know the sample group is tainted because usually only unhappy customers write reviews, perhaps I was slightly unfair with my judgement of SES without personal experience. I have always heard his work is quality but turn around sketchy

96 XP800!

I'm not sure that's necessary, it just means that we all have to step it up when working with customers... I own my own company and it's not easy, but doing the right thing goes a long way.

The only issue I've witnessed is with SES and his ridiculous time frames and stories. His work is usually top notch but every summer there are several horror story threads. I know the sample group is tainted because usually only unhappy customers write reviews, perhaps I was slightly unfair with my judgement of SES without personal experience. I have always heard his work is quality but turn around sketchy

96 XP800!

Adam, I am not trying to push your buttons, but you have to admit the last engine builder review thread you were pretty hard on them (17 of 112 posts) and that's without having any experience in dealing with them. They (SES) ended up making it right, but Fullbore isn't even trying to make it right in this case, but nobody seems to want to criticize. Just seems a little strange to me.

Jokool, Sorry to derail your thread.

I actually contacted Tom for that guy and linked him to that thread. He'd probably still be waiting. I was a little harsh I admit but every year it's the same story. I've only bashed on the service side of it, never heard any quality issues.
110.jpg

96 XP800!

Last edited by a moderator:
But I will admit I've been unfairly critical of SES with no personal negative experiences. I do apologize for that

96 XP800!

I sent my motor to them 6/20/2014 and did not get it back until 10/28/14. I was originally quoted 2 months turnaround. But it was the offseason so i was pretty patient.

I really appreciate the support which I have gotten from several forum members. There have been a few offers from shops and dealers around the country to help get my engine rebuilt in a timely manor. When I finalize the deal I keep you posted on its progress, workmanship, and delivery.

I really appreciate the support which I have gotten from several forum members. There have been a few offers from shops and dealers around the country to help get my engine rebuilt in a timely manor. When I finalize the deal I keep you posted on its progress, workmanship, and delivery.

Hope it works out for you QUICKLY!!!!!

I sent Dan at Full Bore my GTI LE RFI engine for a complete rebuild on December 6, 2014. I also paid him $1,200 on the same day. He gave me an estimated completion date of mid February 2015. In March I emailed him to ask what the new completion date was. He responded with mid to late March. April came with no engine and I sent him another email with the same request. May 8, 2015 was the answer. And finally this June with no engine in my hands I sent him another email requesting the completion date again. Now June was also the drop dead date for PayPal. They give you 6 months to file a disput. And because I have been out the $1,200 along with my engine I filed a disput. This is the only way to recover your money if things go badly. My intent was to get the disput on file and to work things out with Dan. Well Dan got all pissy and rather than acting like a mature and respected business owner. He responded with an email that he was boxing up my engine and sending it back uncompleted. Which he did. I waited 6 months for him to honor our contract and complete the engine. That should be more than enough time to complete it. Now I have to start all over again with another shop and be put on there waiting list of 4-6 weeks. Kiss this summer of jet sking good bye. THANKS DAN. My kids really appreciate it.

I usually don't respond to posts like this, but I feel compelled to do so for some reason... I've been away from the lake too long, so I apologize in advanced, the weekend cannot come soon enough! First I'll start with I have zero hands-on experience with Full Bore (or any other Sea-Doo engine builder, for that matter).

Clearly the vender (could be SES, SBT, Full Bore, etc) dropped the ball, the customer did not get the product/service that they paid for. No one can dispute that. Dates were promised, dates came and went. We all read about several of these situations year after year. Customer understandably got mad and eventually disputed the payment. No big deal, right?

I am not a business owner, but I do sell a lot of items through many online methods (eBay, Amazon, Craigslist, online forums, etc), like many others here I am sure. Things like cars, motorcycles, jet skis as well as parts for anything I've ever owned. Basically, lots of very expensive items. I've had most transactions go well, but there have been a few that have gone less than ideal. Where I take defense as a seller (Or 'vender') is having a seller dispute the payment without first discussing a way to resolve the issue. Whether that resolution be a full refund or that I just need to get off my butt and deliver what was promised. If a buyer disputed a charge without talking to me first, I might be inclined to react the same way the vender did here. Hard to say as every situation is different.

My rationality on doing the same: Communication is key and in my opinion was the failure to this transaction on both sides. The vender clearly had a lack of communication and appeared to have no understanding that the customer was not happy. There are always two sides to every story and I am sure a lot of dialog was left out in this review to save time. From what was within the review above, until the dispute was filed, there appeared to be no mention to the vender that you were unhappy or that you were interested in getting your money back. If that dialog had happened before the transaction was disputed, I imagine this issue would have been resolved and ended a completely different way. Though the vender in no way should have let the transaction get to that point in the first place.

In the end, I'm glad you got your motor back (Hopefully it is in fact YOUR motor), it could have been worse. Now that you are unfortunately on a time crunch, I agree with the recommendations from others to just go with SBT. That way you can be back on the water by next weekend. Sure, you won't have YOUR motor, but you'll have a two-year warranty and be able to ride the rest of the year.

I usually don't respond to posts like this, but I feel compelled to do so for some reason... I've been away from the lake too long, so I apologize in advanced, the weekend cannot come soon enough! First I'll start with I have zero hands-on experience with Full Bore (or any other Sea-Doo engine builder, for that matter).

Clearly the vender (could be SES, SBT, Full Bore, etc) dropped the ball, the customer did not get the product/service that they paid for. No one can dispute that. Dates were promised, dates came and went. We all read about several of these situations year after year. Customer understandably got mad and eventually disputed the payment. No big deal, right?

I am not a business owner, but I do sell a lot of items through many online methods (eBay, Amazon, Craigslist, online forums, etc), like many others here I am sure. Things like cars, motorcycles, jet skis as well as parts for anything I've ever owned. Basically, lots of very expensive items. I've had most transactions go well, but there have been a few that have gone less than ideal. Where I take defense as a seller (Or 'vender') is having a seller dispute the payment without first discussing a way to resolve the issue. Whether that resolution be a full refund or that I just need to get off my butt and deliver what was promised. If a buyer disputed a charge without talking to me first, I might be inclined to react the same way the vender did here. Hard to say as every situation is different.

My rationality on doing the same: Communication is key and in my opinion was the failure to this transaction on both sides. The vender clearly had a lack of communication and appeared to have no understanding that the customer was not happy. There are always two sides to every story and I am sure a lot of dialog was left out in this review to save time. From what was within the review above, until the dispute was filed, there appeared to be no mention to the vender that you were unhappy or that you were interested in getting your money back. If that dialog had happened before the transaction was disputed, I imagine this issue would have been resolved and ended a completely different way. Though the vender in no way should have let the transaction get to that point in the first place.

In the end, I'm glad you got your motor back (Hopefully it is in fact YOUR motor), it could have been worse. Now that you are unfortunately on a time crunch, I agree with the recommendations from others to just go with SBT. That way you can be back on the water by next weekend. Sure, you won't have YOUR motor, but you'll have a two-year warranty and be able to ride the rest of the year.

I sell quite a lot with PayPal as well, and I admit a dispute is definitely off-putting for a seller. But, it does seem like the OP had given Full Bore more than enough chances to get this right. Furthermore, the deadline for filing a dispute was looming, and once that passes the OP would be essentially out of options. So I do not think he's in the wrong for filing the dispute. The best option for Full Bore would have been to reach out to the OP to try and resolve the dispute, rather than just sending the engine back.

Wow quite interesting and unfortunate, sorry to hear that! My experience so far is different but so are the circumstances. Still, I'll post it quick just to highlight the almost Jekyll and Hyde phenomenon. I sent my 787 RFI to Dan earlier this year. But before I sent it he let me know straight away that he was heavily back logged and he could not even quote a date. This was fine with me since I have another ski I'm working on. So I did appreciate him letting me know before I sent it in - even if I don't see it this summer it's ok for me. This is from my superstorm Sandy ski which spent some time submerged in salt water with the plugs out, so a real mess. About a month later, Dan called me directly to let me know what he found when he went over it - the case was not rebuild able and I needed to replace one cylinder, the head cover and needed new head bolts. He said he would help me locate the parts I needed on eBay, which he did! Every time he found a part he liked at the right price he called me and emailed to let me know what it was. He was always friendly to me. I had bought, paid and had the parts all shipped direct to him each time. He would then call or email to let me know he got the parts and that he liked what he saw. It's amazing how different experiences with the same vendor can be! I mean If someone were to ask me if Fullbore was a good experience so far I would say for sure, professional and responsive. Sorry to hear you had so much trouble, sounds like you did all you could. Best of luck with the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back