Fuel meter och sender unit

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocke Sweden

Hi!
another problem.

When I bougt the boat wires from the tank was miss connectet, but know the cables are match together and the meter is working. But its seems like it showing to little fuel on the meter from whats eally in the tank. Dosentmatter if I fill more gas..
what to do?

Depending on your sender....

It's known that the float will go bad, and sink. Or the magnets will fall off. So, pull the sender, and check the float.

I recently had a similar problem. Does the gauge move at all when you put more fuel in it? Or is it just a little off? I had to perform surgery on my sender as there is an internal fuse on the sender itself that blows and it needs to be jumped. Common problem on Sea-doos. I can post the link of how to fix but dont want to get in trouble from the mods for posting info thats not pertinent to your issue. PM me if you need the info.

From the start the wires was mixed up. Now they are right! And when I got the cables right the meter, gauge only show maximum 1/4 even if it's like 3/4 or 1/2 fuel in the tank...
So maybe the float as stuck?

Ok so a couple different things. My fuel gauge has never showed full. If I look at the tank and it shows 3/4 full my gauge still only reads just under half. So I think the gauges are a little off to begin with. Still curious if it moved at all when you added more fuel. Or does it bounce around when you are on the water? The other option you have and I am not sure if this is doable on the islandia is take the fuel pickup/sender unit out of the tank and with it plugged in to the electrical connection move the float up and down inside the sender and see if the fuel gauge moves along with it. If everything checks out okay do as DrHonda said above and take the float out of the sender and make sure it still has the magnets attached and its not full of gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back