Fuel injector issue??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sav

Hello everyone.

I have a 2017 RXP with 34 hours on it. Last weekend I put in the water for the summer. (it had been winterized by a dealer and sat in my garage all winter) Anyway, after putting around for a bit I decided to get on it and it felt really laggy and underpowered. I could only get it up to around 45mph and it wouldn't go any faster. I figured something wasn't right so I went back to my dock.

I called the dealer and they said that the injectors were probably bad and it was probably only running on two cylinders. The guy I spoke to said that sometimes the injectors go bad over the winter.

I'm going to bring it into the dealer this weekend but I was wondering if anyone has had this issue or could think of any other reason it isn't running right?

Thanks for the help.

Try changing the plugs and see if that helps, did the machine freeze at all last winter?

Ask the dealer to explain exactly how a fuel injector fails over the winter. I've gotta hear this one.

I winterize (off season storage) my skis every year, and every spring they fire right up ... no issues, and I've never changed an injector.

Bad injector would also cause it to idle like shit. 2 most common causes of crappy running after storage is crud in fuel (usually effects idle) and mouse nests in intake which rarely effects idle or low rpm

It's at the dealer now so I'll see what they say. I am also interested how injectors would go bad over the winter. Especially since the ski is barely a year old.

My initial thought was bad fuel. It seemed to idle fine to me. Also maybe I'm wrong but bad fuel wouldn't explain not being able to reach top speed would it?

Ask for a list of all off-season tasks they performed, and post the list. How long was the ski in storage?

Well it turns out one of the ignition coils wasn't on all the way. Said it probably happened when they changed the plugs when it was winterized. They fixed it. Oh well. I'm just glad it wasn't anything serious.

This goes back to basic troubleshooting ... "What did you do to it recently?" In this case "you" is the dealer. Still funny the dealer would jump right to a bad injector that mysteriously failed during it's winter hibernation.

I agree. I was very confused when he said that. I still don't understand how injectors can "just go bad". Clogged from dirty gas? Sure. But no way should they fail on a ski that isn't even a year old and has low hours on it. The guy just said it was something they had seen in the past so he said that might be the case with mine. This was what he said to me on the phone before I brought it in.

For what its worth, he did say it probably happened when they winterized it so I guess he kinda sorta took responsibility for it.

As far as what they did for winterization, I know they changed the oil, plugs, flushed it, and removed the battery which sat on my tender. I forget what else and the paperwork is at my house in Jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back