Fuel guage not working

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lowriderallen

i just did the the fuel float trick that i saw on here now the gauge shows full but i know its only about half full when i look inside the hull, i soldered the f1 fuse so is it my float???

Could very well be the float. Did you check to make sure it was not full of fuel when you were soldering the fuse?

Also, make sure the magnet(s) are accounted for - might be stuck somewhere in the middle and tricking the sensor switches on the baffle tube.

The magnets were attatched when i slided the float up and down i got a different reading on my OHM meter so i thought everything was good so i am kindof lost now.

I did the fuel soldier thing too

Hi- I did the soildiering of the f1 fuse and everything worked good for 2 weeks now when i plug in the dess the fuel guage bounces all around and goes to 3/4 full when its not moving and the boat is on the trailer... whats with the gray fuel lines? what else could it be?

The gray fuel lines go bad, the material in the line breaks down causing green gunk that clogs the carbs.. That being said my boat a 98 speedster does not have the gray fuel lines, I have had it since it was new so I know they have never been changed. I would check the plug to be sure it's making a good connection, and that you have a good ground..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back