Fuel filter talk:

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pale Rider, I used to ride my three wheelers back in the pines, right off 72 by the train tressel. Here http://goo.gl/maps/AHzDb
I haven't been in years, I thought they were busting everyone. My brother in law said they went to a couple of wet t-shirt contests back in the day, crazy stuff for sure happens back in them woods. Depending on what time of the day it is I'll take the ACE, but 7 time out of 10, the pines gets my vote. I start cutting across by Columbus Flea Market and get the GSP in New Gretna, by the big wine bottle. That FJ must be fun back in there for sure.

Yes, I think that filter was discontinued. I pick them up on Ebay or see if any dealers have them on the shelves still.

Edit: put in the wrong link

there are a few atv`s that risk getting caught. The Park Police, State Police actually ride thru them often. If you have a registered/insured bike then they just let you go on your way...
years ago, we were all over from whiting to Chatsworth (banjo territory lol).
Columbus, that`s where our Vet is, small world!
we also launched from Bordentown on the Delaware River in the past...
I`m in New grenta a lot, Munchies, the Sunoco, down 542 to the River, all over...:lol:
The FJ is def a great rig... does what we need... :cheers:

*** I looked at the microfiche for the fuel system and it clearly shows the OEM plastic filters attached with a locking tie to the metal bracket that "used" to have the older style filter housing attached to it. So that makes it a hard mounting point. the quick reason I went with a sturdy bodied filter***

Last edited by a moderator:
there are a few atv`s that risk getting caught. The Park Police, State Police actually ride thru them often. If you have a registered/insured bike then they just let you go on your way...
years ago, we were all over from whiting to Chatsworth (banjo territory lol).
Columbus, that`s where our Vet is, small world!
we also launched from Bordentown on the Delaware River in the past...
I`m in New grenta a lot, Munchies, the Sunoco, down 542 to the River, all over...:lol:
The FJ is def a great rig... does what we need... :cheers:

*** I looked at the microfiche for the fuel system and it clearly shows the OEM plastic filters attached with a locking tie to the metal bracket that "used" to have the older style filter housing attached to it. So that makes it a hard mounting point. the quick reason I went with a sturdy bodied filter***

My 99 Challenger 1800 filters mount in the same location...but no metal bracket. It has those small plastic zip tie holders glued to the fiber glass. Looks factory. They hold firm, but still allow movement.

I used G3 filters because the fuel lines are 3/8's...really low resistance with high flow. When I bought the boat, I replaced them with new G3 filters I kept the old ones. (why I don't know...pack rat maybe!)
Maybe, I will smack one with a hammer just to see what happens. :) Chances are pretty good that it will withstand quite a bit more that I expect. :thumbsup:

My 99 Challenger 1800 filters mount in the same location...but no metal bracket. It has those small plastic zip tie holders glued to the fiber glass. Looks factory. They hold firm, but still allow movement.

I used G3 filters because the fuel lines are 3/8's...really low resistance with high flow. When I bought the boat, I replaced them with new G3 filters I kept the old ones. (why I don't know...pack rat maybe!)
Maybe, I will smack one with a hammer just to see what happens. :) Chances are pretty good that it will withstand quite a bit more that I expect. :thumbsup:

do you mean those plastic square pieces that allow a zip tie to be passed thru?
I`m pretty sure these metal brackets are the original brackets that held the old style filters, and someone just used a zip tie thru the bolt hole... crazy... I have no history on what rhyme or reason... but the catalogs do show the 077 filter and not the older style, so that leaves me asking why are the metal brackets still being used... weird...
anyways, yeah these are 5/16 fuel lines from the fuel baffle... I wanted to make sure the boat ran after all the work was done. the only original fuel supply lines are the hose from baffle to filter... I`ll replace that when I figure out what I want to do...

if this were one of my cars, I`d simply used AN fittings and some braided hose, with a ... ... ..., haha I know , overkill:lols:

and another>
381.jpg

382.jpg

383.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
do you mean those plastic square pieces that allow a zip tie to be passed thru?
I`m pretty sure these metal brackets are the original brackets that held the old style filters, and someone just used a zip tie thru the bolt hole... crazy... I have no history on what rhyme or reason... but the catalogs do show the 077 filter and not the older style, so that leaves me asking why are the metal brackets still being used... weird...
anyways, yeah these are 5/16 fuel lines from the fuel baffle... I wanted to make sure the boat ran after all the work was done. the only original fuel supply lines are the hose from baffle to filter... I`ll replace that when I figure out what I want to do...

if this were one of my cars, I`d simply used AN fittings and some braided hose, with a ... ... ..., haha I know , overkill:lols:

That's the difference between 98 and 99. 98 metal brackets to mount the filter, 99's had the square tabs glued to the body and the plastic grenade filter is cable tied to the pads. Cheap and easy!

Speedy's Deli use to make the most colossal hoagies years back, might not have been Speedy's back then. Man did they pile the meat on, enough to choke a horse! We'd stop in eat half in the sand lot, then hammer down to Wildwood when we were 16 and save the rest for later. Ha, that's great you live near there!!!!!! You even been to that house/marina/whatever it is at the end of Amasa Landing road? I was years back when it was abandon, supposedly my buddies dad knew the guy who bought it. Freaky for sure back in the day.

That's the difference between 98 and 99. 98 metal brackets to mount the filter, 99's had the square tabs glued to the body and the plastic grenade filter is cable tied to the pads. Cheap and easy!

Speedy's Deli use to make the most colossal hoagies years back, might not have been Speedy's back then. Man did they pile the meat on, enough to choke a horse! We'd stop in eat half in the sand lot, then hammer down to Wildwood when we were 16 and save the rest for later. Ha, that's great you live near there!!!!!! You even been to that house/marina/whatever it is at the end of Amasa Landing road? I was years back when it was abandon, supposedly my buddies dad knew the guy who bought it. Freaky for sure back in the day.

there is a deli called "HogBack deli" on route 130 in Yardville, that still makes colossal subs... the price has went up 100%, but we have been going there for years. Also Mastoris Diner on 130 and 206 Bordentown, been going there for 30 years easy...
sign of the times with more pricey meals and a little lessor quality... I remember how it used to be tho...

hey guys this is what I was talking about...
392.jpg

Yeah, my 99 challenger 1800 is different. For each filter it has two of those square plastic zip tie holders glued to the fiberglass above the tank. It's funny how small things like this are different only one year model later. Externally they are virtually the same with the exception of color.

Yeah, my 99 challenger 1800 is different. For each filter it has two of those square plastic zip tie holders glued to the fiberglass above the tank. It's funny how small things like this are different only one year model later. Externally they are virtually the same with the exception of color.
Do you think BRP was saving money?
I`m going with the Racor units at the end of the season. I`ll set up a new fuel system after checking out the baffle and replacing the rest of the hoses I didn`t do this past time around...

Do you think BRP was saving money?
I`m going with the Racor units at the end of the season. I`ll set up a new fuel system after checking out the baffle and replacing the rest of the hoses I didn`t do this past time around...

Think that is a good call on your part and yes I think BRP was saving money.

I looked at my speedster today mine are actually plastic push in holders that they cable tied the filter to. I'm sure it all cost savings, but more importantly faster assembly during production.

ba-da-douuu-dahhh-douuu-daaaa-dou-daaa-daaaaaaaaaaaaah (banjo). LOL. I learned something about Americain Landmarks today. Awesome!

Pale Rider...I was about to ask to see a pic of that snorkel you mounted (and drilled) yourself. Wow. That's gorgeous! Cue Tim Grunts.

I never do marina gas....it's too expensive. Costco gas (cheapest in town), or find a station that is free upgrading Premium gas for regular is what I try to fill up with.

I have no idea what this filter is for, but heck if RFoster changes it annually...I may need to get on the proactive bandwagon here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back