Front Nav Light not working 96 Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty290

Rear light works fine and I changed the bulb in the front and nothing. Short? Or could this be a fuse??

Thanks for your help.

If I remember right, the switch on your dash has two settings for operating running lights. One setting for being at anchor, the other setting for being underway.

You can also test the light by opening up your front storage compartment and pulling out the storage box. The electricals for up front are under that storage box. You should be able to trace the wires down, then test them with a electric meter.

If I remember right, the switch on your dash has two settings for operating running lights. One setting for being at anchor, the other setting for being underway.

You can also test the
led tube by opening up your front storage compartment and pulling out the storage box. The electricals for up front are under that storage box. You should be able to trace the wires down, then test them with a electric meter.

Thanks for giving your suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:
On either side of the nav light is a small screw driver slot.
Pop the light up using two screwdrivers.
Turn the battery switch on and then the light switch. Must make sure light switch is in the second position.
Get a voltmeter and check the two wires going into the switch. You should have close to 12 volts.
If so...the light is bad and you can pick up a new one. (See Below) Attwood 3300/3500 series usually fits perfectly.
If no voltage check fuse panel...should be a 3amp fuse.
If the fuse is good then check the plug going into the switch behind the dash. They are sometimes pron to come loose.
If that is not it then you must do as Snipe said and trace the wires.
Chances are better than good that the nav light is bad. The new LED lights are more durable.

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_12615_-1?N=581131708

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back