Friends wife put gas in the oil inlet-what next?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

csaunders

Have a 200 GTX....when you hinge up the front cover, the oil fill tube is up on the right side of the top surface, the gas cap is actually on the left vertical side wall. Long story short, my wife's friend stopped to top off the ski with gas, but put the gas in the oil fill tube on top! She then drove the ski for another hour back to our dock.
What would be the recommended next steps? Pump the oil out and have the filter changed? Change spark plugs in case they were fouled? Do a compression check to see if the oil was diluted enough to not supply adequate lubrication to the cylinders? Help!? Thanks-Craig

Draining would be your first must. I'd do the other tihngs you listed too. I'm sure one of the males will chime in with some other ideas.

Heh, thanks laura. Good ideas

Really what is said here is all that is needed...not that big of a deal since the oil goes into a mix with the gas anyway. Let us know how it goes, as I've never actually heard of this happening before.

Thanks for the insights....I will be working on draining oil and new plugs this
weekend....I will let you know how it goes....-Craig

I'd just drain the oil tank and refill with straight oil. :cool:

My cheapskate "next step" would be to remove the oil/fuel mix, fill with straight oil - and reintroduce the "mix" back into the tank in small quantities. I hate to waste $3/gal gas and $40/gal oil.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back