Forgot Plugs and Engine Filled With Water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bcowy

I have a Seadoo Wake 215 - 2008. 1 of the plugs was out when came out in the morning, and my Seadoo was much lower in the water than normal. I cranked it over and it didn't start. There was water inside of the motor. I took it out of the water and drained it.

Then I removed the spark caps and dried them off. I grounded them against the engine block and cranked over the engine. Water was shooting out each hole. I continued until all the water was gone. I then put the spark plugs back in and cranked it over. It barely cranked over. I put in a new battery and took off the spark plugs again. There was a lot of fuel squirting out the first hole. Why isn't the fuel even between all three holes? I sure the water is out of the pistons - I only see fuel now - and there is no water in the oil. But it will now start.
Any help?
thanks

Your going to have to take out your intake as well. Its really not that hard. Take off your fuel rail, disconnect your electronics then undo your intake. It holds a couple of cups of water and thats probably what your sucking into your engine. As far as oil changes I would at least do 2. When you take your oil out put some into a used clear water bottle and let it sit for a few hours and you will be able to tell if you have water in it. Shouldnt be milky at all. Then put in new plugs and your going to want to run your ski for a while in the water once you get it to run good enough to evaporate whatever water you have left. I had to do 6 oil changes by the time i was good.

Your going to have to take out your intake as well. Its really not that hard. Take off your fuel rail, disconnect your electronics then undo your intake. It holds a couple of cups of water and thats probably what your sucking into your engine. As far as oil changes I would at least do 2. When you take your oil out put some into a used clear water bottle and let it sit for a few hours and you will be able to tell if you have water in it. Shouldnt be milky at all. Then put in new plugs and your going to want to run your ski for a while in the water once you get it to run good enough to evaporate whatever water you have left. I had to do 6 oil changes by the time i was good.

(sorry about the poor typing/proofing- I'm glad you made sense of it) Thank you so much!!! I will do that. I was just scared that I destroyed the engine or electronics. Come to think of it, the supercharger is probably full of water shooting out more water out the first spark plug hole.
thanks again and I will post an update!

(sorry about the poor typing/proofing- I'm glad you made sense of it) Thank you so much!!! I will do that. I was just scared that I destroyed the engine or electronics. Come to think of it, the supercharger is probably full of water shooting out more water out the first spark plug hole.
thanks again and I will post an update!

Update: ok, we changed the oil and drained the supercharger of the water. All the water is gone. There is no spark in the#1 cylinder spark plug and the #1 injector is stuck wide open squirting tonz of fuel. We also dried all the electrical connections and fuse box. We changed the fuel injectors and spark plugs - same results. The injector is stuck wide open. Any further help??? thanks again

Replace the #1 injector perhaps? If it's stuck wide open, it's stuck wide open.

And put an auto electric bilge pump in the hull, it would have saved you all this grief. Don't try to start an engine when the hull is full of water that's a quick way to hydrolock the engine and damage internal components costing $$$$$$!

- Michael

ps. Did you actually pull the intake off and drain it too? It honestly does hold water in there, almost 2 quarts worth.

- Michael

Thanks all for responding. It was the ECM. it went out and Seadoo replaced it for free -covered under warrenty. I was lucky. Now she is running like a champ!

Was this due to the partial sinking of the watercraft, or a coincidence?

Thanks for the update either way... so the bad ECM was responsible for the #1 injector shooting out too much fuel then?

- Michael

This was a partial sinking. I knew once trying to start it was a bad idea, but I think sitting overnight did the damage to the ECM anyway.
(I think someone purposely pulled one of the drain plugs as it was sitting overnight)
And yes the ECM was responsible for keeping wide open injector #1. ( I drained the oil 4 times and had to change the top oil switch - to make it run again like normal.)
hope this helps. Are you having a similar issue?
bcowy

hope this helps. Are you having a similar issue?
bcowy

Nope, I just like to learn all I can for future reference. Sinking is 1 of my biggest phobia's, so I'm anally-retentive about triple-checking the drain cocks to insure they are closed and any little hiccup while boating sends me heading straight to the boat-ramp or nearest shoreline.

I once came within 1/2 an inch of sinking my jetboat while trying to pull a paraglider thingy (it had the wrong kind of tow rope, the rope stretched when I tried to pull the rider up and the whole affair just went straight into the water and stopped like a giant anchor forcing me to let off the throttle and then boat's own wake just swamped the stern as said rope pulled the boat backwards as it contracted... took almost an hour for the 500gph bilge pump to pump the hull dry again, I had barely 1/2 an inch of hull above water after that rope stopped pulling me backwards it really scared me I never ever did that again!).

- Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back