Flywheel

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is between 750 and 1,000 dollars to have a rebuilt motor at your doorstep. The question is do you want SBT, FullBore, or perhaps SES to do the work. There are pros and cons to each. SBT is the fastest way to get it done. They are 750 for the motor with 1 year no-fault warranty. They already have rebuilt motors sittng on the shelf. You just send back your old engine. FullBore rebuilds your exact motor and claims to use better quality parts. You also have the benefit of getting your exact motor back. They have a 2 year no fault warranty, and it is more comparable to the premium rebuild from SBT. There is typically a 2 to 4 week turn around time for this. SES claims to do the same type thing as FullBore. check the forums about them. I have not done business with them, but I have heard of some really long turn around times..

Hope this helps a bit.

.... just curious if different 2 strokes can run good with lower readings as such also another ?......

Sure they can. But... it's what ever they are designed to run at.

The problem isn't an actual pressure number... the problem is "LEAKING" pressure and wear. I have a Polaris, and it runs great at 125 psi. BUT... that's where the compression is supposed to be.

In the Rotax engine... it's supposed to be up at 150 psi. SO... when it's dropped to 130... the combustion gasses are getting past the rings . And... that causes the problems.

I think maybe you have misunderstood what I'm saying, your compression is O.K. you should be O.K. for this season and maybe even next season. Just keep an eye on it, when it gets down to the 120's then it will be time for a rebuild.

So all you need to do for now is clean and rebuild the fuel delivery system. Change the grey fuel lines to black automotive type, clean or replace the fuel valve (I would replace it), clean the water separator/fuel filter, at the minimum go through the carbs. and clean the carb. filters.

Do this and you will be good to go.

Lou

Added: SeaDoo gets a lot of HP out of these little motors and unlike an automobile engines they were not designed to last the lifetime of the ski, 717 motors rebuild life expectancy is 400 hours tops, and this is dependent on how the ski was used, what maintenance has been performed, what oil was used. A SeaDoo is like any other water craft, "it's a hole in the water in which you throw money". If you're serious about this hobby you might as well get use to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am going to charge my battery full (the battery is over a yr old) and try it one more time at a fully charged battery perhaps this could help it crank faster?

okay i appreciate it Lou, ill definantly keep an eye on it. and in youre quote yes the ski(motor has been great reliable) and on a good calm day i can run about 60mph.
*Lake Murray Oklahoma:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back