Flushing connection

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEWORLEANS-YAT

Is it ok to leave the quick connection screwed in to the boat? will it impede any water flow wile using the boat?

thanks

quick_connect-d.jpg

It wont hurt it as long as it is the type that flows water without the other part connected. I think most of us leave them screwed in.

thanks, i read that you should not leave it connected and also i read its ok to leave it connected.

i guess its a matter of preference. i would like to leave it connected.

thanks again

I sent you a PM. Leave the nipple end screwed in and quick connect on the hose. This way when you turn onm the water it won't allow water to fill the engine till it is connected. I install a on off valve so I can connect to my engines at once then start them up and open the valve after they are running. Shut off the water after 15 seconds of flushing and then the engines. All from inside the boat with the water shut off valve close at hand and the lanyard close too.

Karl

I sent you a PM. Leave the nipple end screwed in and quick connect on the hose. This way when you turn onm the water it won't allow water to fill the engine till it is connected. I install a on off valve so I can connect to my engines at once then start them up and open the valve after they are running. Shut off the water after 15 seconds of flushing and then the engines. All from inside the boat with the water shut off valve close at hand and the lanyard close too.

Karl

Thanks Karl for the info. I purchased one today and will leave the nipple end on the boat. Much easier to flush the motor now.

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back