Flush port troubles

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. After recently having to re-winterize my 2017 GTI, I screwed up and unscrewed the flush port. As it is currently, I have no doubt that it will take on water if I try to float it.

20180418_191746.jpg

My son and I managed to get the threading restarted but cannot tighten it. How am I supposed to get that thing tight again? Personally I'm too big to get far enough into the compartment to get more than a couple of finger tips on the retaining nut so that won't work.

20180418_191809.jpg

I've decided to try to lift off the upper hull. At least just enough that I can get an arm in there to hold the retainer. Any other suggestions? Please tell me I'm overlooking a simpler solution.

I "think" you take a 3/8 socket extension on the external part ( you will see a square as you look into the port from the outside ) and have your son hold the ring from the inside with needle nose pliers or similar while you tighten it.

You are correct about the socket extension. With him holding the interior ring and me turning the the outer part, we managed to get the threads started. Every time I would tighten it, it would work loose again when I had to take the torque (twist) out of the interior hose. I didn't think of using needle nose pliers. I'm past that point now, though. LOL! I went ahead and took off all the fender trim and screws. I threw a ratchet strap over a roof rafter, hooked it to the tow eye and lifted the upper hull. Using that, I can lift the hull enough for me to get to that pesky ring and tighten it.

Thanks. Finally had time to get it back together last night.

I do want to mention a technique that came in handy when tightening the port. I loosened the hose clamp which allows the fitting to move inside the hose. That made tightening the port much easier.
20180420_174037.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back