Florida Classifieds

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the Triton is worth more than both salt turds. Unfortunately the guy got the memo.

I just picked up a 01RX for $300. I spotted it in a guys yard with flat tires and the footwells full of two year old water. I went up and knocked on the door and the guy was like "yeah, $300, I've been meaning to put it on Craigslist". That's how I got 40 different VW's before I was 20 years old. Every other yard used to have a dead one in it. You can't be afraid to ask.

Yeah the Triton is worth more than both salt turds. Unfortunately the guy got the memo.

I just picked up a 01RX for $300. I spotted it in a guys yard with flat tires and the footwells full of two year old water. I went up and knocked on the door and the guy was like "yeah, $300, I've been meaning to put it on Craigslist". That's how I got 40 different VW's before I was 20 years old. Every other yard used to have a dead one in it. You can't be afraid to ask.

yip !

I've picked up 3 or 4 that way, probably knocked on 10 doors so the closing ratio is pretty high.

I only had one guy who got really pissy when I knocked on the door, big fella, who basically said "get the F off my porch or i'll do it for you" and then tossed a couple of "a-hole" comments as I got back in the car. Otherwise everybody else was pretty nice.

My lawn service dude is also a good source, he's referred at least 3 to me over the past year, I just told him give my number to people with trailers in their back yard that your tired of weed wacking around.

This is an interesting one, a friend owns it. $1500.

3 months left on SBT warranty, 10ish hours on engine. UMI steering, finger, buttons.

236.jpg

237.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, edited.... 1500, too much coffee. I've already texted a couple buddies locally about it that wanted a goof around ski. (myself included)

I just laughed out loud in a meeting at a really bad time during a meeting at work because of that pic.

I probably shouldn't read this thread while working.

Nice trailer. Some nice engine work too it seems like, can't really tell....

Don't take too advantage on a disable vet.

i'll keep ya posted, we have some flat tire issues to settle before I make the drive, I may move into the "get it here and i'll pay you x" to avoid having to deal with a blowout on the 20 mile trip home. I've probably made 20 trips home with questionable tires, but I get pretty leery about ones that are dead flat in the for sale pic's.

You never known how long it's been sitting with low tires. Could be may-pops waiting to happen!
My Son works for a tire / vehicle repair shop. He looked at our trailer tires. Said they are 15 years old. Barely any wear on them. "You need to replace them". A week later, one had a big bulge on the side wall. That is why you need a spare tire for your trailer. Twenty miles from home and no spare! Walmart has no real replacements either. Just light duty wheels and tires.

You do that many deals, you maybe be far ahead by having a pair of rims and tires to swap. To get it home. My trailer place has the right tires and rims in stock ready to go.

I put the triton/xp's on hold for a couple of days, bought out a flipper who is moving out of town yesterday and picked up 6-7 boxes of leftovers instead, cheaper and no possibility of flat tires, I don't want to deal with blowouts on the roadside, especially on a double. I'm liking Matt's idea of "if you can bring it to me" alleviates a lot of hassles on my end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back