Florida Classifieds

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK gotcha, shows you what I know about those off brand things. Basically if you put a Seadoo motor in one of them you have a decent ski haha.

Prob. My favorite color scheme of the XPL, that orange on the seat throws it off though......oh and the douchey TAPOUT sticker on the back.....

Lot of goodies though!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yep, the GP hull is a seriously slow hull. Conversions have been attempted on them and they just don't perform.

I'll agree, but add a little because sometimes people confuse the GP with the GPR and think they are the same hull with different motors, they're not.

The GP, based on my discussions with owners and short amount of seat time, not really designed for top end, IMO it tended to plow a bit through the water, but it surprisingly was a pretty good jumper (i've ridden one, but only for about 45 minutes (two up) and didn't like it, stock gp1200)

the GPR Planes better, its about 140 LBS heavier, but is NOT considered a slow hull, if somebody wanted a fast two stroke or a faster conversion, the GPR hull is a top notch choice. (I've put about 95 hours on a GPR1300)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll agree, but add a little because sometimes people confuse the GP with the GPR and think they are the same hull with different motors, they're not.

The GP, based on my discussions with owners and short amount of seat time, not really designed for top end, IMO it tended to plow a bit through the water, but it surprisingly was a pretty good jumper (i've ridden one, but only for about 45 minutes (two up) and didn't like it, stock gp1200)

the GPR Planes better, its about 140 LBS heavier, but is NOT considered a slow hull, if somebody wanted a fast two stroke or a faster conversion, the GPR hull is a top notch choice. (I've put about 95 hours on a GPR1300)

Agreed. The GPR is the king of hulls for speed. I spoke with Yamaha engineer at IBEX last year and asked if he convince the boys back at HQ to release a new model, GPR hull and SVHO powerplant. He laughed and "claimed" Yamaha has destroyed the GPR molds.

I bought the first GPR to hit my dealer back in 2000 and had it running 75 on GPS with stock bore and porting. You could easily achieve 4 mph gains with just a worked rideplate.

Local friend on my lake has a big bore 1390 with triple pipes that will run 90.

Can't be a PWC guy and not respect the GPR. It was way ahead of its time.

Agreed. The GPR is the king of hulls for speed. I spoke with Yamaha engineer at IBEX last year and asked if he convince the boys back at HQ to release a new model, GPR hull and SVHO powerplant. He laughed and "claimed" Yamaha has destroyed the GPR molds.

I bought the first GPR to hit my dealer back in 2000 and had it running 75 on GPS with stock bore and porting. You could easily achieve 4 mph gains with just a worked rideplate.

Local friend on my lake has a big bore 1390 with triple pipes that will run 90.

Can't be a PWC guy and not respect the GPR. It was way ahead of its time.

mine was pushing 73+ and it got there fast, 1300 with tim judge porting, jim's plate, and assorted other goodies. I sold it about 4 months ago and i'm still kind of sad about it. Honestly just got tired of the noise (dam free flow exhaust) and my ride mates constantly complained about the 2 stroke smoke.

I just wanted to make sure that everyone browsing knew that they were two completely different ski's, the GP can be overlooked but not the GPR, especially these days with everyone migrating to 4 stroke, some good deals can be had. I was this (-) close to buying an 1800 conversion, but it was incomplete and I didn't want to be dropping 2K over at Duke's to get it finished. I've heard hit/miss reports about the GPRSHO's but i've never actually had the chance to ride one, eventually i'll own one, just a matter of time.

mine was pushing 73+ and it got there fast, 1300 with tim judge porting, jim's plate, and assorted other goodies. I sold it about 4 months ago and i'm still kind of sad about it. Honestly just got tired of the noise (dam free flow exhaust) and my ride mates constantly complained about the 2 stroke smoke.

I just wanted to make sure that everyone browsing knew that they were two completely different ski's, the GP can be overlooked but not the GPR, especially these days with everyone migrating to 4 stroke, some good deals can be had. I was this (-) close to buying an 1800 conversion, but it was incomplete and I didn't want to be dropping 2K over at Duke's to get it finished. I've heard hit/miss reports about the GPRSHO's but i've never actually had the chance to ride one, eventually i'll own one, just a matter of time.

You aren't kidding. Wish I had the funds to let Duke build me a turn key GPR with SHO powerplant. I regretted selling mine too. I still lust for the 2008, black bottom deck with blue upper.

I've got a 1997 GP1200 that my brother bought brand new. Since it's the bigger, more stable of the skis I own, I'm not usually on it so my experience isn't all that much even though it's been in my possession for about 8 years.

I've read that it was designed more for quick acceleration and handling instead of top speed and my experience confirms this. It does handle very well, jumps good and accelerates very nicely. Top speed is in the upper 50's on gps. The only time I really took a gps reading on good water was when I was riding double with another person and I saw 58mph. I've really got to get on it by myself on smooth water with my gps.

The GPR skis are certainly faster but those power valve motors have some issues. Better have those, what are they called, "Wave eater" clips?

That's a pretty good little snag, especially with the 'open to any offer' tag.

man I really like that sarasota deal, but I have 5 hulls in my garage right now If I bought home a double I'd have to pack my bags, the wife would kick me out. She already had the "come to jesus" talk with me Tuesday about getting rid of some stuff lol.

http://panamacity.craigslist.org/boa/5155361685.html it's a yamaha I know, burn me at the stake, curse my name.....but that's cheap for a 09 4stroke. Wonder how bad the engine is

I'd rather..................................

70.jpg

Than ride a Yamalog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back