Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I just bought my first ski. Got a very clean 2014 GTI 130 with 100 hours. Any general tips maintenance wise as far as how often check and change things ? The guy had it maintained by a dealer but I plan to do it all myself. Can't wait to get out on the water!
Thanks,
Chris

Key is getting the maintenance manual and following this to the point, good insurance to have a happy PWC and keep maintenance cost as low as possible.
Invest in the proper tools and CandooPro so you can diagnose yourself if issues (will) pop up. The 500 usd invested in quickly won back by avoiding dealer visits.
Buy quality parts and stick to the Seadoo recommended oil. So many "oil-challengers" who try cheaper oil and than cry or complain when the engine does not perform, or died. There is very little money to save on going anything else than the recommended Seadoo oil.

Key is getting the maintenance manual and following this to the point, good insurance to have a happy PWC and keep maintenance cost as low as possible.
Invest in the proper tools and CandooPro so you can diagnose yourself if issues (will) pop up. The 500 usd invested in quickly won back by avoiding dealer visits.
Buy quality parts and stick to the Seadoo recommended oil. So many "oil-challengers" who try cheaper oil and than cry or complain when the engine does not perform, or died. There is very little money to save on going anything else than the recommended Seadoo oil.
Thank you!! I'll be sure to get the manual for winterizing etc. I've been having a few problems as it keeps saying reading key and beeps once. Takes a while sometimes to get the two beeps. Almost ended up calling it quits last weekend as it took almost a half hour. It's very finnicky. Any thoughts or experience with this?

Takes a while sometimes to get the two beeps. Almost ended up calling it quits last weekend as it took almost a half hour. It's very finnicky. Any thoughts or experience with this?

The DESS caps have a magnet inside that loves to pick up any metal dust laying around, wonder if your cap is dirty inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back