First Run

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

92GTX93

I finally got around to running my recently purchased Seadoos. I bought a pair of 93 and 94 GTXs with SBT rebuilt engines with around 10 hours on them. Unfortunately, I could only take out the 94 because the 93 had starting problems. The starter will spin but the gear will not pop out to engage the fly wheel. I ordered a new starter. However, I did take out the 94 and it ran pretty good for the exception of idle stalls. It was running close to 45 mph with two of us and the engine sounded great. Like I said, it kept stalling at idle so I had to keep my finger on the throttle. It was not stalling at first, but only after running it at open throttle for a while. My guess is that I need to reset the idle speed to around 1400 in the water. Another problem could be the fact that the gas tank had residual oil in it as the previous owner told me he added a small amount of oil in the gas. Is this part of the break in, or do most people add a small amount of oil mixed with the gas even though the pump is functioning properly? The previous owner said the motors had 10 hours in them.

Break in!

If your still in your break in period on the SBT engines, then the additional oil is beneficial to the break in. I'm not sure about how much time or what their oil ratio is, but the engines oil injection is running around 40 or 50:1. I believe, the oil ratio on a newly remanfactured engine is about 24:1., but don't quote me.
As for your stall. When the engine was replaced, the fuel system's idle stop screw may not have been set properly. Which in adjusting the fuel system, you must be careful to check the oil injection pump too.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back