few small problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

onlyridecbrs

Im new here but looks like a great place to get valuable info. Now 2 my first issue... 96 seadoo xp with the 787, it cranks and runs fine but when i shut it off it doesnt wanna start. It turns over good, battery is new, just acts like it isnt getting fuel (full tank of gas), let it sit for a minute and it may start right up. Once i get it going i can ride it as long as i like, sit and idle take off and runs like a new 1. 2nd problem, the lil red lights come on for battery, fuel, but the black bars that show the amount of fuel never come on. After riding it for a few hours of start and stop (hard getting it started) the battery eventually died. So my next ? is does whatever is supposed to keep my battery charged not working properly or would the few hard starts get the battery to far down for it to regain its charge while im riding it? Any info is GREATLY appreciated.

nope... the charging circuit doesn't change how it starts. (unless the battery is dead)

Your hard starting is probably from carbs that are leaking. did you do a rebuild and use aftermarket kits?

Your fuel issue is from a float that either the magnets fell off, or has sunk. install a new float, and you should be fine.

Your battery issue can be that our battery is old, and is dying quick since you have are having starting issues, or your regulator has gone bad.

appreciate info

Thanks for the quick response. The battery is brand new and i charged it just as the instructions said (add acid, wait 1 hour, charge from 3-8hrs) I havent done anything 2 the carb since i've owned it., prob bout 8 yrs. I'll check the float n magnets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back