Failed Multi Gauges

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CreekerMike

Greetings and salutations to all, with the warm weather around the corner I've begun to start preparing my machines for the season. Everyhting has gone smooth for the most part. However I've ran into 2 similiar failures. I've had 2 multi gauges fail. One on my Piped 95XP and one on my 717 swap 95 SP. One multigauge has the temp light stuck on and the other has the oil light stuck on. Originally I thought it was the temp sensor and oil sensor in the given ski. However after swapping parts I realized this was not the case. I swapped in a known good multigauge and the lights went away...what gives? Is there a known fix for these gauges? There in dang near pristine condition. No moisture,no failed seals, no submersion... seems odd for them to give up the ghost. Is there anyway to remedy these gauges? Anyone who repairs them?
Any help is appreciated!

No one fixes them. Quite odd they had those failures, typically they just don't work at all when they die, I've seen a few with burnt lcd panels.

No one fixes them. Quite odd they had those failures, typically they just don't work at all when they die, I've seen a few with burnt lcd panels.
That was my understanding and experience previous to this occurance. I'm running AGM batteries that are less than a year old so I highly doubt its in any relation to voltage. I've checked my wiring and connections. Made sure of no corrosion.Even added a dab of dielectric grease to connectors that looked on the dry side. However I see the same failure no matter what ski I attach the gauge to...honestly would be open to a way to disable the Iights aswell.

The oil is the blue wires, if you touch them together the light should turn off. The voltage light is the red with blue tracer.

The oil is the blue wires, if you touch them together the light should turn off. The voltage light is the red with blue tracer.
I havent tried jumping the temp sensor wires but I have jumped the oil sensor wires before in an attempt to diagnose it. Jumping the wires did not shut off the light. Hence the creation of this post. I believe the failure is internal on the pcb of the multigauge. Pretty frustrating...if I could I would just ride with it unplugged or jumped. But I hate having a red light staring at me. Idk when or if the bulb will even burn out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back