Exhaust leak 1997 xp 787 800

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJDaveOtt

Hull is taking on water from a leak in the exhaust cooling system. Water is coming in from the topmost, frontmost, exhaust...looks like a plug of some sorts. It's of course the one on the underside and difficult to reach. It's the plug closest to the oil pump.
I pulled the 3 bolts and nut on the top side, the mounting bolt, disconnected hoses, and removed the round clamp at it's base. How the hell does this thing come out? It is not stuck at the top gasket side...it moves off about a 1/8 inch if I pull on it or use a pry bar. I've looked at the manual and it shows this is a different part than the next piece of exhaust that runs alongside the motor toward the rear. I was hoping to take this piece out and address the leak.. Any insight on removing this? I don't want to pry to hard and break something (else). Thanks in advance.

There is silicone at the joint where you removed the big clamp. They can be tough to get apart. If you need those plugs I make them.

Wow that was a fast reply. I certainly appreciate it. I noticed that silicone but was wondering if I was missing something other than that. I will get it apart and see what it looks like. Thank you and I will let you know if I need one. What's the best way to reach you for an order?

For the headpipe it’s the 3 Allen bolts and nut at the manifold, the middle MAG housing support and the big band clamp. For the lower section there are 2 smaller Allen bolts holding it to the engine block and the big band clamp, that’s it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back