exhaust cooling questions???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffroKill

hello everyone, i am new and have never posted on any forum before today.

my question is this. i have a 1998 Challenger 1800 that i just bought used. it didnt run properly right out of the gate. the problem i found was a hole in the rubber hose connecting the expansion pipe to the resonator. replaced that and both engines run great.

now, i notice when i start the engines on land right after pullng out of the water, that my starboard engine gushes water out of the exhaust port, and the port engine only drips and sprays a little

the boat runs great, but i seem to be collecting some warm water in my bilge area and i dont see anything leaking

any help would be appreciated.

welcome to dee forum...dont know if helps needed, boat runs great..cool. As far as one motor gush'n more than other, next time out, see if the port motor is hot to touch, shouldn't be, and for warm water in compartment, dude, dont know how, but water just gets in, Have read about water flow'n back thru bilge exit hole and backfluch'n thru pump and into boat..so, I plugged mine up, and put hole to the side of boat, still, water got in...

thanks for the reply

it doesnt seem to be a major issue, it just has me a little worried why one motor gushes water out and the other one doesent, but so far, no overheating problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back