water's leaking somewhere 95's sporster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

r3cc0s

just needs some help...

Have had leaks all over the exhaust system, had to get the 'bung' welded, then reclaimped, etc... worked well for a while, then the exahust bolts came loose. Lost two bolts, had to get new ones and new gasket, that's fine now...

Not seeing any leaks from the PTO (though its older and doesn't have the carbon ring... no more leaks on the exhaust/manifold, nor do I see in the expansion pipe, and I tightened everything into the exhaust box, and don't see anything coming in, but the bildge keeps filling with warm water.

thoughts?

just needs some help...

Have had leaks all over the exhaust system, had to get the 'bung' welded, then reclaimped, etc... worked well for a while, then the exahust bolts came loose. Lost two bolts, had to get new ones and new gasket, that's fine now...

Not seeing any leaks from the PTO (though its older and doesn't have the carbon ring... no more leaks on the exhaust/manifold, nor do I see in the expansion pipe, and I tightened everything into the exhaust box, and don't see anything coming in, but the bildge keeps filling with warm water.

thoughts?

I had a similar issue, I didn't know where the water was coming from. I didn't have any leaks in anything.

Then about a month ago I felt the PTO jug and it was soaked. There was a crack in it covered in a little JB Weld form the previous owner. They must have left the boat untreated for winter and it froze expanding the jug enough to crack it. Their solution was JB Weld SMH Total hacks!!

That was the cause of me taking on water. So check if you have any cracks in the jugs. Dry everything off with a towel, then run it for a few minutes at the dock then feel around the jugs for any wetness.

Also, check these;
  • Rear drain plug gaskets
  • Water hoses
  • The inlet cooling water tube that enters through the hull form the pump
  • Scupper on the rear which drains the passenger compartment. That can get old and the ball doesn't seat well which allows water to enter in and it drains down into the bilge

Put the ski on the trailor, secure it, pick a shitty day when no-one will be at the launch, back the trailor into the water deep enough to fill the jet pump,,,start it up,,,give it some throttle,,,have a super strong flashlight,,,and find your leak.

On several Sea-Doo boats I have owned, the rubber boot that seals the through hull exhaust fitting gets old and cracked. It can let in a lot of water and it's almost impossible to see. Likewise, it is almost impossible to replace. Check yours, if you see cracking, just take some black silicone and slob it around on the outside of that fitting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231019_113433_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231019_113433_Gallery.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 3
Back