Engine RPMS vary and start / stop switch will not cut off (2008 GTI 130)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

5on1side

My 2008 GTI 130 SE has an intermittent problem that I need some help with. Here is what happens... Starts fine (most of the time) but the rpms will vary from around 1650 (a little rough) to 2200 (very smooth) at idle. If the idle is rough or lower than normal, I will press the start/stop button while the machine is running the rps will typically adjust to smooth out the idle. To stop the engine from running, I have to pull the DESS key as the stop button will not cut off the engine. I can press the start / stop switch to get the engine to run smoothly and then go about riding. If the engine does not rev properly when throttled up, I simply press the start / stop switch and the machine takes off with out a problem. This sounds like an electrical "grimelin" to me. Anyone else have this problem and know the solution?

Here is what I have done to date...
(1) Installed brand new battery and confirmed it is fully charged and holding a proper charge.
(2) pumped out all old fuel and added sea foam - all looks good and the fuel has been kept fresh as this machine gets a ride at least once a month.
(3) checked all the fuses, plugs and wiring connections by (hand and eye only) and all looks good. The only fuses that I could find were in the bow in the fuse box. If there are other fuses, I am not aware of these.
(4) tested with the leaner DESS key - same problem occurs.
(5) cleaned the DESS key and the connector.
(6) replaced start / stop switch - had no affect
(7) tried breathing through my right eye lid, but that did not seem to work either...

Anyone else have this problem and know the solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back