Engine Clunk Noise and Rave Valve

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pincusa

Hi -
I bought a '99 1800 challenger from a seller who said it had one bad engine. When I put the battery in, the 'good' engine won't crank and is locked (can't turn the shaft by hand). I pulled the head and found large parts of the RAVE valve in one cylinder. No visible damage that I can see to piston, wall or head, but somehow it did lock the engine as it wouldn't spin.

So having removed the parts, and now I can turn the crank by hand from the shaft. When I reverse directions, there's a clunking noise coming out of the engine. I'm assuming it's coming from the bottom end, and the other engine doesn't do it.

I'm knew to these engines (not new to engines in general) and was wondering if a piece of the valve might have lodged itself and held the piston and maybe twisted the crank? How easy is it to twist the crank?

If the crank is damaged, is it rebuilt engine time or is it still easier to fix?

Thanks in advance!

If the rave dropped, like you said, then i'd pull motor, cylinders..may not be visible, yet..but knarly at bottom end. If crank twisted, or even rod bearing went, then need new crank assy/motor from seadoowarehouse/sbt..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back