engine alignment 2000 seadoo xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

nswillin

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hey everybody. I was gonna pull my engine to rebuild top end, and to check everything out out of hull. When I'm finished with the top end and check everything and put the engine back in, does it need to be re aligned even if I use the same shims that were in there?

Also, the manual says when removing the engine I have to take off jet pump and both front and rear drive shafts. On another website it has a step by step procedure for removing my engine and they say to just slide the engine forward in the hull and nothing about removing these shafts. Anybody done it that way?

Anyway of making a tool?

From looks of it, just unbolt motor mount bolts, take off what you have to, so you can remove the motor.
Heard and also done, when reinstalling motor to set alignment, dont tighten mounting bolts securely, but leave loose abit, then kick motor over, walah..set itself, then tighten bolts. Due still install shims where they came from, though.

Yes, this is the best solution, no tight the motor mounting screws only after You turn on the engine, so the engine will make a self-align for drive-shaft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back