Electrical Upgrade

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubbs

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone has used a marine grade 12 volt (like a cigarette lighter plug) wired directly to the battery as a way to plug a battery tender in without having to lift covers off the machine. I originally purchased on to use on the 2010 RZR I had, but sold it to buy the Sea Doo.

I was thinking of mounting it on the side, up near the top by the pod. The plug has rubber gaskets to keep the water out and I figured it would be good for use as an auxiliary power source, such as cell phone. I know, I know, leave the phone at home....

So, anyone done this?

Thanks.

I've done that on boats... but never on a ski. I've never needed extra power (outlet) while riding a ski... and getting to the battery isn't a big deal.

As far as "Leave the phone at home".... absolutely NOT. It's a safety item. But... stash it in a waterproof box, unless you need it.

Thats how i have it on my boat and i charge through it. But on the boat, there is also a battery switch so there is no way to back feed into the electronics.

I do always take the phone for safety, I just meant don't spend the day talking on it, enjoy what you are doing. But I did say it lol. My thoughts are that it shouldn't hurt anything as its not supplying more current than what's at the battery anyways. The GTX 155 has easy access to the battery, but the Wake 155 has the battery up front and behind an access panel. Even though the panel is easy to remove, it would mean having to remove any gear in the forward compartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back